Airbnb has released its annual Airbnb Hospitality Index that unveils the most hospitable destinations across India for local and international travelers. The study is based on the number of 5-star reviews in particular states around the country as a part of the global research at locations with over 500 trips in the last 12 months. In India, hospitality is deeply rooted in the diversity found in local culture, cuisine, lifestyle preferences and the way we welcome people into our homes.
AIRBNB INDIA HOSPITALITY INDEX:
- Most hospitable states: Maharashtra, Goa, Delhi, Karnataka, and Kerala are the top 5 states when it comes to hospitality, with the highest number of 5-star reviews from guests
- Maharashtra wins with maximum hospitality: Maharashtra is the most hospitable state with the highest absolute number of 5-star rated trips of the top 5 states
- Most hospitable cities: New Delhi leads the charts as the most hospitable city in the country, followed closely by Jaipur, Cochin, and Mumbai
- Hospitality success ratio: Delhi sees the highest rate of success in terms of extending hospitality that is a class apart, with close to 80% of reviewed trips in Delhi-NCR receiving a 5-star rating
- Beyond the top 5: Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu closely follow behind the top 5 states in the hospitality index
Amanpreet Bajaj, Country Manager, Airbnb – India, said “Hospitality is something which is intrinsic to Indian culture. Cultural, gastronomical and geographical elements come together in each location to offer something unique to travellers. The people to people connection enabled by technology is what makes these destinations a treasure trove for experience seeking travellers who return home with amazing stories and fulfilling experiences on Airbnb.”
Nalin Jha who hosts at India’s most wish listed house in New Delhi shares his hosting experience, “I remember an old saying in Sanskrit “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” which means the world is your family. I started to understand the profoundness of this philosophy after becoming an Airbnb host. After hosting hundreds of guests I realized how people across the globe are connected to each other through a common bond of friendship and that feeling is extremely overwhelming. Being an Airbnb host is like being a part of the global community and I feel privileged that I get to share the Indian hospitality with my guests from all over the world.”
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.