Microsoft has announced the new Windows 10 update worldwide on May 8. With this update, Microsoft aims to provide users more time to do what matters most– create, play and work. It also helps in simplifying their modern workplace and empowering end users.
- Timeline: Timeline, on Windows 10 PC, lets users go back in time to find their stuff, whether they were working on it earlier today, last week, or a few weeks ago. Users can even find what they were doing while using Microsoft Edge or Office 365 on iOS or Android device’s when they return to their Windows 10 PC.
- Focus Assist: Turn on Focus Assist whenever to get things done without distractions, like social media or other notifications. Or set it to turn on automatically at certain times during the day for a focused time.
- Dictation: The improved Dictation feature makes it easier than ever for users to take a note, or write a paper, with just their voice.
- Microsoft Edge: The April 2018 Update brings a variety of new features and improvements to Microsoft Edge – including mute-a-tab, full-screen reading, clutter-free printing, grammar tools and autofill on web forms – all saving users time while browsing the web.
- Voice as a natural input: Natural computing experiences enable users to speak directly to the devices to accomplish tasks, without typing. The improved Dictation feature in Windows 10 will capture your thoughts quickly and accurately so that brilliant idea you just riffed on with your colleagues or the speech you’re practicing for your best friend’s wedding isn’t lost forever.
- Cortana can manage your smart home right from your PC using just your voice. For example, want to come home to a warm house from a long day at work? Just tap Cortana on your PC and say “Hey Cortana, set the living room thermostat to 72 degrees” to control your ecobee, Honeywell, Nest Learning thermostat and more4.
Are you running a Windows 10 machine? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below, follow us on twitter for more news and updates.