Google has launched a new Android app specifically for Indian users which was really unexpected by Google, at least this early and silently. The new Areo app lets you order food to your current location. Users can also access services like Beauty, Home Maintenance, Fitness and much more. Currently, the services are only available in Bengaluru and Mumbai.
Google has partnered with Freshmenu, Box8, and Faasos for food ordering services. Its users will also be able to schedule appointments with local beauticians, plumbers, electricians and many other services as well which are currently happening via UrbanClap(Services are limited as of now). For each service/food provided by the app, users can rate and review the service. And, the payment options in the app includes Pay by card, net banking or cash on delivery.
Features of the App
- Food delivery from your favourite restaurants, providers, and chefs
- Home services from local electricians, painters, cleaners, plumbers and more
- Pay by card, net banking or cash on delivery
- Search by dish or restaurant. Filter by vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. Order what you need, faster
- Choose times that work for you, then schedule all your deliveries and services
- User reviews all in one place help you make informed choices from product quality to the timeliness of service.
Another app, Tapzo( Formally, Helpchat) also offers similar services. Google is giving INR 200 discount on food order via this app for a limited period. Go grab the offer if you are in Bengaluru and Mumbai. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. Download the app from the button below.