OnePlus 5 was announced in India last week and today the company has announced that they have become the highest revenue grossing smartphone on the e-commerce site, Amazon.in. The e-commerce site has witnessed over a 3X jump in growth in the first week of sales of OnePlus 5, as compared to the brand’s previous flagship smartphone, OnePlus 3T. To celebrate the milestone, Amazon has extended the introductory INR 1500 Cashback offer on SBI credit and debit cards till July 2, 2017.
The OnePlus 5 with the dual rear camera comes in 2 variants, the base variant with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at INR 32,999 and the 8GB with 128GB storage variant is priced at INR 37,999. The OnePlus 5 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest, Snapdragon 835 processor which is clocked at 2.45GHz, it is coupled with Adreno 540 GPU. It sports a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The device is packed with a 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge which charges up to 58% in just 30 minutes.
- 5.5″ Full HD Optic AMOLED Display with 401 ppi and Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Snapdragon 835 Processor and Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB/8GB DDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage with no support for MicroSD card
- Android Nougat 7.1.1 On top of Oxygen OS 4.5
- 16MP Sony IMX 398 sensor with an aperture of f/1.7 and 20MP telephoto lens with f/2.6 rear camera with OIS, Fast AF, support for 4k recording, Slow motion video at 120fps in 720p, Portrait mode, Pro mode
- 16MP Front facing camera with aperture f/2.0
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge 2.0
- Thickness: 7.25mm
- NFC, 4G LTE, Fingerprint sensor, GPS, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB type C
- Colours: Midnight Black and Slate Gray
Commenting on the customer reaction, Vikas Agarwal, General Manager – India, OnePlus said, “Our mission is to make the best smartphone and the OnePlus 5 is yet another step in this direction. We are truly humbled by the unprecedented response to our latest flagship.” He further added, “The success of the OnePlus 5 is a great validation of our online first business model, and faith in exclusive partnership with our long-term strategic partner Amazon.in.”
Have you bought the new OnePlus 5? Share your experience in the comments section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.