Huawei has announced that it has started rolling out a new over the air (HOTA) update on HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro flagship smartphone. The Mate 20 Pro was launched in back in November 2018 for INR 69,990. Also, the smartphone scored 109 on DxOMark and shares #1 spot alongside Huawei P20 Pro. The new OTA update brings a variety of new features and enhancements in the camera, Face unlock, System navigation, call and security departments.
Here is the changelog of the new OTA update:
Users will be allowed to manually toggle the super macro mode in the camera app and also toggle additional zoom modes giving 1X, 3X and wide-angle capabilities, more easily in the viewfinder. The new feature is capable of focusing on an object as close as 2.5cm, which was earlier made possible with a built-in AI.
- Face Unlock – The Face Unlock performance has also improved and optimized for the users.
- EMUI 9 Gestures – It improves the smoothness of Gestures navigation system, giving an end to end EMUI experience to its users.
- Better Calling experience – Improves call experience in certain scenarios and also brings the latest Google EMUI 9 Gestures ensuring improved security capabilities on the device.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with a 16mm Leica Ultra Wide Angle Lens and was launched in India in November 2018 dor INR 69,990. In the camera department, it is having a triple camera with a 40MP(f/1.8) main camera, a 20MP(f/2.2) ultra-wide-angle camera, and an 8MP(f/2.4) telephoto camera with16mm Leica Ultra Wide Angle Lens. It also comes with support for laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus, AIS (AI Image Stabilization), AI Portrait Color video mode. Together, the trio of lenses supports a wide range of focal lengths (equivalent to the performance of a 16-270mm zoom lens), enabling it to mimic the results from professional cameras. The camera system also supports macro shots, which produces images of objects that are placed as close as 2.5cm from the lens. On the video front, the Mate 20 Pro can capture an ultra-wide 21:9 resolution. Compared with the regular 16:9 aspect ratio, a 21:9 resolution looks a lot more expansive, professional and movie-like. The smartphone packs in AI Kirin 980 processor and dedicated NPU and it identifies more than 1,500 scenarios across 25 categories.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications
- 6.39-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 19.5:9 HDR OLED Display with dewdrop notch
- 2.6GHz Octa-core Kirin 980 processor, Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- 40MP(wide angle lens, f/1.8) + 20MP(ultra wide angle lens, f/2.2) + 8MP(telephoto lens, f/2.4) triple rear camera with LED flash
- 24MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D depth sensing
- EMUI 9.0, Android 9.0 Pie
- 4200mAH battery with 40W Huawei SuperCharge, 15W Huawei wireless charging
- In-display fingerprint scanner, 3D face unlock
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- aptX, aptX HD, LDAC, HWA Audio support
- Dual SIM(nano), 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Thickness: 8.6mm and Weight: 189gms
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Black, Twilight and Emerald Green
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.