Apple watch is one of the best smartwatches in the market since it was launched a few years ago and last night at the WWDC 2019, Apple announced watchOS 6, which empowers Apple Watch users to better manage their health and fitness, and gives access to dynamic new watch faces and the App Store directly on Apple Watch.
Here are the new features that watchOS 6 brings:
Health and Fitness
App Store and Apps
Other features of watchOS 6 include:
- Dynamic watch faces and customization options offering more personalization and access to favorite apps, contacts, and information. These include Modular Compact, Solar Dial, California, Gradient and Numerals faces.
- New audio API to stream music, radio and podcasts, an API to give extended runtime to session-based tasks, such as physical therapy and meditation, and Core ML now uses the Apple Neural Engine on Apple Watch Series 4, enabling faster processing of on-device inputs.
- Voice Memos app is now available on Apple Watch.
- Audiobooks purchased on Apple Books are now available to listen to directly from the new Audiobooks app on the watch.
- The new Calculator app helps with tip calculations and splitting checks right from the wrist.
- Siri search queries can display webpage results in full on Apple Watch.
- Apple GymKit compatibility extends to manufacturers Octane Fitness, TRUE Fitness, and Woodway, connecting Apple Watch to more cardio equipment in clubs around the world.
Summer Watch Bands
The developer preview of watchOS 6 is now available to Apple Developer Program members at developer.apple.com starting today. New software features will be available this fall as a free software update for Apple Watch Series 1 or later paired with iPhone 6s or later running iOS 13 or later. For more news and the latest updates follow us on Twitter and Facebook.