Xiaomi has announced the successor to the last year’s Mi A2, Xiaomi Mi A3. The Mi A3 comes with a couple of features that were missing in the Mi A2 such as the microSD card slot and 3.5mm headphone jack. The device comes with a big battery, triple rear cameras, dewdrop notch, In-display fingerprint scanner, and much more. The device was announced in Spain. Also, as seen with the last two generations, the Mi A3 is also part of Android One project and will get the updates from Google.
The Mi A3 is sporting a 6.08-inch HD+ AMOLED (1560 x 720 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which is a downgrade compared to the last-gen(Full HD on Mi A2). Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 665 Processor clocking at 2GHz, Adreno 610 GPU. It comes with 4GB RAM and 64/128GB storage options and it also comes with micro SD card support up to 256GB. The device is running pure Android 9.0 Pie and is backed by a 4030mAH battery with 18W fast charge support via USB Type-C port. However, the company is packing a 10W charger in the box, which is disappointing. It also comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor, a first in the series and also supports face unlock.
In the camera department, it sports a triple rear camera setup with 48MP(Sony IMX 586, f/1.79, 1/2” sensor, EIS)+8MP(118-degree wide, f/2.2)+2MP(depth, f/2.4) Triple rear camera with LED flash and over at the front, a 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. Other features include IR blaster, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS. This smartphone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, which was absent on the Mi A2.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- 6.08-inch HD+AMOLED (1560 x 720 pixels) display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 11nm 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 processor with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- Stock Android 9.0 Pie
- 48MP(Sony IMX 586, f/1.79, 1/2” sensor, EIS)+8MP(118-degree wide, f/2.2)+2MP(depth, f/2.4) Triple rear camera with LED flash
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 4030mAH battery with 18W quick charge support via USB Type-C port
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS.
- In-display fingerprint sensor, IR Blaster
- Thickness: 8.4mm and Weight:174g
- Colors: Grey, Blue, White
Pricing and Availability
- Xiaomi Mi A3 – 4+64GB @ 249 Euros (INR 19,231)
- Xiaomi Mi A3 – 4+128GB @ 279 Euros (INR 21,548)