This week witnessed 9 new mobile phone launches in India, as expected mostly Androids. Here is a list of all the mobiles that launched:
1. The new budget smartphone Spice Stellar Xtacy Mi-352 is available online on the e-commerce website Saholic.com for Rs 4,634. The Spice Stellar Xtacy Mi-352 is a dual-SIM phone that runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS. It features a 3.5 inch display.
2. WickedLeak launched a new Android Smartphone-the Wammy Titan. The Smartphone runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and features a 5.5-inch QHD display. The device is priced at Rs 13,000.
3. Nokia India launched the Nokia 114 at a price of Rs 2,549. It is a dual SIM phone, which is touted to provide long-lasting battery life, with over 10 hours of talk time and nearly a month’s standby time. (Read review here)
4. Zopo, a new entrant into the Indian market, announced a new 5.7 inch phablet. It is priced at Rs 15,999. The device is up for pre-order, and can be booked a from Zopo Mobile’s website (http://zopomobile.co.in).
5. Micromax has launched a new handset in its Smarty series. The new Smarty A30 is basically the 3G version of Micromax’s Smarty A25, which is also an Android smartphone but does not feature 3G.
6. Lava launched a new phone- Lava iris 501. The iris 501 has a 1Ghz dual-core processor and sports 5-inch capacitive multi-touch screen with a resolution of 800 x 400.
7. Idea launched Ivory – an Android smartphone – at a price of Rs 7,390. The Idea Ivory is a dual SIM, 3G smartphone powered by a 1GHz processor.
8. Intex Technologies launched two new Android smartphones, named Aqua Trendy and Aqua Flash, priced at Rs 4,900 and Rs 9,500 respectively.
9. The Karbonn Smart A2 was silently launched. it features a large 4-inch display with WVGA (800×480 resolution) and a 1 GHz processor. It is priced at Rs 4,799.