Smartphone SoC maker Qualcomm has announced its latest processor for smartphones, the Snapdragon 835. This is the company’s flagship processors that are based on Snapdragon 800 series. The newly announced Snapdragon 835 processor is the First 10nm SoC to provide World-Class Performance and Enhanced Power Efficiency.
The Snapdragon 835 is designed to support next-generation entertainment experiences including smartphones, VR/AR head-mounted displays, IP cameras, tablets, mobile PCs and other devices running a variety of OS’s including Android and Windows 10 with support for legacy Win32 apps.
The Key components of the Snapdragon 835 processor include an integrated X16 LTE modem for Gigabit-Class LTE connectivity, integrated 2×2 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5, and optional 802.11ad for Multi-gigabit connectivity. Qualcomm Kryo280 CPU and Qualcomm Hexagon 682 DSP, which includes support for TensorFlow for machine learning and Halide for image processing.
The Snapdragon 835 also includes substantial enhancements to the Qualcomm Adreno540 GPU and Qualcomm Spectra 180 image sensor processor (ISP) for next-generation camera capabilities. Also new in Snapdragon 835 is the Qualcomm Haven security platform with enhanced security for biometrics and device attestation.
Also, this SoC supports Quick Charge 4 technology, which promises to give 5 hours of battery life for 5 minutes of charge.
The Snapdragon 835 features:
- Kryo 280 CPU with four performance cores running at up to 2.45 GHz and four efficiency cores running up to 1.9GHz;
- Integrated Snapdragon X16 LTE modem with support for Category 16 LTE download speeds up to 1Gbps, and Category 13 LTE upload speeds up to 150Mbps;
- 802.11ad Multi-gigabit Wi-Fi, offering up to 4.6Gbps peak speed;
- world’s first certified Bluetooth 5 commercial technology offering up to 2Mbps speed and a suite of features that enable many new use cases.
- Adreno 540 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, full OpenCL 2.0, Vulkan and DX12;
- Hexagon 682 DSP with HVX;
- Dual-channel LP DDR4x memory at 1866MHz;
- Qualcomm Location with support for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, and QZSS systems, which in combination with LTE/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth connectivity to provide “always-on” location and context awareness;
- up to 32 MP single and 16 MP dual camera with Qualcomm Spectra 180 ISP, 2x ISP, 14-bit, hybrid autofocus (laser/contrast/structured light/dual-phase detection AF), Qualcomm Clear Sight, optical zoom, hardware accelerated face detection and HDR video recording;
- 4K Ultra HD video capture @ 30 fps, up to 4K Ultra HD video playback @ 60 fps, support for H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC);
- maximum On-Device and External Display Support including Ultra HD Premium™ ready, 4K @60fps, wide colour gamut support, 10-bit colour depth;
- Quick Charge 4 technology;
- manufactured on 10nm FinFET technology.
Which is your favourite feature of the latest SoC, let us know in the comment section in the comment section. For latest CES 2017 follow us on twitter.
Image Credit: Android Authority