Smartphone Hardware parts maker mainly know for their Soc’s, Qualcomm has announced top 8 the top eight finalists in the first cycle of Qualcomm Design in India Challenge II (QDIC II). The registration for it started in January 2017.
The finalists were selected through a rigorous selection process which culminated in an extensive pitch session in March 2017. Launched in association with National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), QDIC, now a part of a larger initiative, Qualcomm Design in India Program (QDIP), encourages product companies to create innovative hardware product designs incorporating Qualcomm technologies and platforms.
Under the Qualcomm Design in India Program, two key initiatives were announced:
- The Qualcomm Design in India Challenge II, conducted in two Cycles through the year, and responding to the guidance from Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics & IT, aims to spur innovation in the domestic hardware ecosystem in the areas of Smart Infrastructure, Biometric Devices, Payment Terminals, Agricultural Technology, Medical Technology and Rural IoT.
- The launch of a new Qualcomm Innovation Lab (QIL) at Hyderabad and expansion of its current Innovation Lab in Bangalore to enable India mobile and IoT ecosystem by providing advanced Camera, Audio, and RF design assistance.
The eight shortlisted companies for the second edition of the QDIC are:
- iSquare Mobility Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – A portable wireless telemedical solution to prescreen for breast cancer
- Avanijal Agri Automation Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – Bluetooth to enhance Smart irrigation controller – Sensor data collection, Control of Motors and Valves and Managing the controller from a smartphone
- Alexapath Private Limited – Concept – Smart Accessories for microscope that makes any conventional microscope smarter – produce digital scan of slides, share it with peers, live consultation and archival of slides
- iBot Control Systems India Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – Make a single board that can be used by industry and academia to build IOT apps with iBot Toolsets
- Hug Innovations LLP – Concept – A first of its kind device developer platform “Hug Gestures SDK”, that enables the integration and extension of a proprietary gesture control technology with smart devices, mobile apps & PC software
- Steradian Semiconductors Private Limited – Concept – Build a High-Resolution 4D Radar that will enable true all-weather vision for Autonomous Vehicles and Drones
- Stellapps Technologies Pvt. Ltd. – Concept – WiFi Sensor module – wimote & IoT Router – cloudtrak that can be used for smart automatic milk collection unit (smartAMCU), cold-chain monitoring as part of Stellapps IoT platform
- Tagbox Solutions Private Limited – Concept – An ultra-low power wireless platform targeted towards improving the efficiency of Cold Storage and Logistics by monitoring and controlling key health parameters like temperature, relative humidity, gas, energy, door activity, etc.
For more news and updates follow us on twitter.