Honor 8 Pro which was announced a couple of months ago in India, today the company has announced that the smartphone has won ‘EISA Consumer Smartphone 2017 – 2018’ Award. EISA called out the Honor 8 Pro as “a fitting tribute to the innovative engineering and great performance from Honor”.
It is powered by in-house Kirin 960 SoC which is clocked at 2.4Ghz. The device comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB of onboard storage with expandable storage up to 128GB. The USP of the device is its dual camera at the rear which houses two 12MP sensors, one with monochrome and other with a color sensor to capture more details, it comes with an aperture of f/2.2, dual-tone LED flash and also supports 4K recording. On the front, it houses an 8MP camera for selfies and video calls.
Honor 8 Pro
- 5.7-inch Quad HD(2K) 2.5D curved glass display, 515 PPI
- 2.4GHz Kirin 960 processor, Mali G71 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 128GB
- 12MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 4k video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 7.0 Nougat, Emotion UI 5.1
- Fingerprint sensor, IR Blaster
- Thickness:6.97mm and Weight: 184g
- Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G LTE, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), BT 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Colors: Navy Blue, Midnight Black, and Platinum Gold
“We are thrilled to receive the ‘EISA Consumer Smartphone 2017 – 2018’. This prestigious accolade represents a solid recognition from the industry – not only for the Honor 8 Pro but also for the wider Honor brand,” said George Zhao, President of Honor. “Despite the competitive smartphone market space, the Honor 8 Pro stood out from the crowd and has been extremely well-received by millennials, which has reinforced our confidence to develop further trend-setting devices which excel in design and performance for millennials around the globe.”
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.