OnePlus has been pushing out Open Beta updates for OnePlus 3 and 3T every 15 days and we are really happy they are continuing with it even after the OnePlus 5 launch. The latest Open Beta, #23 for OnePlus 3 and #14 for OnePlus 3T has brought several new features for both the devices. The update comes in a size of 85MB and is now rolling out to all.
There are not major changes in this update, but it brings quite a few additional features to the table. First of all, the Stock camera on the device has now got support for water marking as we have seen on the OnePlus 5 and several other competiton smartphones like Honor 8 Pro etc. You can have your name with all the photos you click. You can find this option in the camera app settings.
Other notable feature is a new setting called “Alarm calendar”, where you can irregular alarm schedule, once you set the time, you can activate this feature by hitting the 3 dot menu button to the right of “repeat”. Also, this update has made the stock gallery faster and smoother. And, finally, the devices are updated to August Android security patch.
Here is the official change log posted on the OnePlus forum
- Added Shot on OnePlus watermark
- You can toggle the Shot on OnePlus watermark and add your name to all pictures taken in the main camera settings
- Redesigned lift up display UI
- Now supports displaying battery percentage
- Now supports hiding of notification content from apps locked by App locker
- There is now a toggle that allows you to block notifications from apps that are in the App lock list
- Improved stability of Parallel apps
- Adjusted color display of default screen calibration
- It now tends more towards sRGB calibration
- Added E-warranty card
- You can now find a version of your warranty card in “About phone > E-Warranty card”
- Updated Android security patch level to August
- Added quick index bar in contacts UI
- The contacts page/app now have an alphabetical bar on the right side for easy moving to certain groups of names
- Improved experience of switching incoming calls
- Improvements to suggested merges functionality
- Loading speed of images improved
- Improved location accuracy
- Improved the experience of searching cities
- New feature “Alarm calendar”
- Can be used to set an irregular alarm schedule, once you set the time, you can activate this feature by hitting the 3 dot menu button to the right of “repeat”
Have you people got the update on your device? Drop a comment below and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.