Amazon just wrapped up their 36 hours long Prime Day in India and other 15 countries across the globe. During this Prime Day, Amazon saw Indians take advantage of 200+ exclusive new product launches, thousands of deals, and video & music selections specially curated for Prime Day.
Also, more new Prime members joined the program in the one week leading up to Prime Day than any week since the launch of Prime in India. Additionally, more members than ever enjoyed Prime Video and Amazon Prime Music content, with the week leading up to Prime Day having the highest number of streamers ever. Prime Day 2018 was a success for small and medium-sized businesses, India purchased thousands of products from these entrepreneurs, startups, artisans and mom-and-pop shops. Over 50,000 participating small and medium-sized businesses saw an average growth of 240% this Prime Day over an average day in June. Amazon Launchpad start-ups saw an average of 6X growth. In the new Prime exclusive launches, RoadGods, Leaf Wearables, Spruce Shave Club (beard oil & beard wash), Fego and Smartivity (DIY educational toys) were among the most popular products.
Amazon Prime Day 2018 Shopping Highlights (Compared to normal business days in June 2018)
- Prime members shopped for deals and streamed content across hundreds of cities in India, including Lucknow, Ludhiana, Jamshedpur, Ahmedabad, Noida, Thane, Kochi, Ernakulam, amongst others.
- Customers in India purchased over 5X as many Fire TV devices this Prime Day than last Prime Day. July 17 was the best day ever for Echo devices on Amazon.in.
- Wireless grew over 5X, offering members brands like OnePlus, Redmi, Huawei and Honor.
- Large Appliance grew 9X and included a selection from Bosch dishwashers and washing machines.
- Everyday essentials saw 3X overall growth with Amazon Pantry finding strong customer favor. Members enjoyed brands like Nestle’s new breakfast cereal NesPlus, Saffola Oats, Dettol Liquid Handwash and Nivea Fresh Active Deodorant.
- Fashion saw an over 2X growth with new brand launches including brands like Marks & Spencer and New Balance.
- Consumer Electronics grew over 4X, with a Buy One Get One deal from TCL TVs and new launches of Sennheiser Wireless Noise Cancellation headphones and Bose QC 25 headphones.
- Prime members topped up their Amazon Pay balance 7X more than on a regular day.
Prime Video & Prime Music Highlights
- The week leading up to Prime Day was Prime Video’s best ever, with the highest number of streamers in India ever.
- Comicstaan, launched in the run-up to Prime Day, broke the record to become the most watched Amazon Prime Original series in its first week on Prime Video in India.
- With the recently launched Vodafone Youth Offer on Amazon Prime, we saw young consumers bingeing on comedy – Comicstaan, Zakir Khan: Haq Se Single, Chacha Vidhayak Hain Humare, and hit Bollywood movies – Padmaavat and Sonu ke Titu Ki Sweety
- Members streamed music in 18 Indian and international languages on Prime Music in the week leading upto Prime Day.
- Top three songs streamed on Prime day were Dilbar from Satyamev Jayate, Tareefan from Veere Di Wedding and Dhadak title track fromDhadak.
“Prime Day offers us a unique opportunity to thank Prime members with a celebration of our best deals, exclusive selection as well as new Prime Video and Prime Music content,” said Amit Agarwal, Senior Vice President and Country Head, Amazon India. “Extending Prime Day to 36 hours this year allowed us to further reward members with unbeatable deals, access to exclusive new products and unforgettable experiences that highlight the many benefits of a Prime membership. We also want to thank our sellers, brands and our content partners who helped to make Prime Day bigger and better.”
What did you purchase this Prime Day? Let us know in the comment section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.