Sennheiser has launched a new in-earphone, IE 40 PRO In-Ear Monitors in India today. The IE 40 PRO will ensure audio reproduction with warmth, great detail, and natural clarity, and performance control even in difficult stage situations. It comes with a mechanical design that includes a patent-pending, break-proof cable ducting. This is an entry model and is expected to be joined by the IE 400 PRO and the top-of-the-range IE 500 PRO, in the coming months. The IE 40’s distortion is at a very low level with 0.1% at 1kHz and 94dB. It features powerful Neodymium magnets which provide the necessary punch with an SPL of up to 115dB. The connector is accommodated inside the ear mold, an approach that’s intended to protect against wear and tear that can occur during heavy use and the ambient sound can be reduced up to 26dB. IE 40 PRO Specifications
- Transducer principle: dynamic
- Frequency response: 20 – 18,000 Hz
- Impedance: 20 ohms
- Max. sound pressure level: 115 dB (at 1 kHz, 1 Vrms)
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % (at 1 kHz, 94 dB)
- Noise attenuation: < 26 dB
- Cable length: 1.3 m (4.3 ft)
- Weight (incl. plug and cable): 18 g (0.6 oz)
- Magnetic field strength: 3.5 mT
- Operating temperature: -5°C to +50°C (+14°F to +122°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to +70°C (-4°F to +158°F)
- Relative humidity: < 95 %
- Ear tips: S, M, L
The IE 40 Pro is priced at INR 9,900 and will be available in black and transparent versions from the end of September. It comes complete with a soft storage pouch, a cleaning tool and silicone ear tips in three sizes (S, M, L) and a pair of memory foam ear tips in size M.
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.