Qualcomm is one of the most popular smartphones SoC makers and now they have announced an improvised version of Snapdragon 855. The Snapdragon 855 mobile platform was announced back in December 2018 and most of the flagship smartphones in 2019 packed in the latest processor. The Snapdragon 855+ will deliver 15% faster graphics rendering and an uplift in CPU performance from the standard Snapdragon 855.
Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming sets hardware and software features, especially with 5G. The Snapdragon 855+ harnesses multi-gigabit 4G connectivity while unleashing cutting-edge 5G experiences. With Qualcomm AI Engine, one can get fast, smooth, and power-efficient gameplay along with true HDR gaming and premium audio.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ features
- Enhanced performance
Snapdragon 855+ boasts 15% faster graphics rendering and an uplift in CPU performance over the standard Snapdragon 855.
- Gaming advantage
Snapdragon Elite Gaming gives an exclusive, competitive edge with a suite of hardware and software features that are optimized for gaming.
This platform harnesses the best of multi-gigabit 4G connectivity while holding the key to new, uncharted levels of 5G gaming.
Snapdragon 855+ packs 3 times the power of the Snapdragon 845. With sophisticated capabilities and ultra-responsive intelligence, you’ll get faster, smoother gameplay while managing your device’s power more efficiently.
- Gaming experiences
Qualcomm aptX Audio and Qualcomm Aqstic audio technologies are designed to deliver premium audio with real-time surround sound. True HDR gaming displays visuals in over 1 billion shades of color so every game is put into hyper-realistic perspective.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Specifications
- GPU: Adreno 640 GPU
- CPU Clock Speed: Up to 2.96 GHz
- 5G: X50 Modem
- Memory speed: 2133MHz
- Memory Type: 4x16bit, LPDDR4x
- 5G mmWave specs: 800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2×2 MIMO
- 5G sub-6 GHz specs: 100 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO
- AIE CPU: Qualcomm Kryo 485 CPU
- AIE GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 640 GPU
- CPU Cores: Qualcomm Kryo 485 CPU, Octa-core CPU
- CPU Architecture: 64-bit
- Charging – Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
- Process Technology: 7 nm
- DSP Technology: Qualcomm Hexagon 690 Processor, Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant, Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology.
- Wi-Fi Standards: 802.11ad, 802.11ay, 802.11ax-ready, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Version: USB 3.1, USB-C
- Image Signal Processor: Qualcomm Spectra 380, Dual Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 22 MP, Single Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 48 MP, Single Camera: Up to 192 MP, HEIF photo capture, Sl-Mo Video Capture: 720p @ 480 FPS.
- Video – Codec Support: H.265 (HEVC), HDR10+, HLG, HDR10, H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9
- Display – On-Device Display: 4K Ultra HD, Max External Display: 4K Ultra HD, HDR10+
- Audio Technology: Qualcomm TrueWireless Technology, Qualcomm Broadcast Audio technology, Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology, Qualcomm aptX audio technology, Qualcomm aptX audio playback support.
Further, Qualcomm also confirmed that the upcoming Asus RoG Phone 2 will be coming with the Snapdragon 855+ chipset which will be unveiled on July 23rd in China. Also, we can expect the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Google Pixel 4 to feature the same processor.
For more news and the latest updates follow us on Twitter and Facebook.