Amazon on Monday announced that Prime Video customers in India can now enjoy Prime Video Watch Party, a native social viewing experience on the desktop that is available for Prime members at no additional cost to their membership.
Customers will be able to choose from thousands of titles available in Prime Video’s SVOD catalog including Amazon Originals such The Family Man, Mirzapur, Inside Edge and Made In Heaven, and award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Originals including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Borat: Subsequent Movie, among many others.
Prime Video Customers will be now able to host and participate in Watch Party, providing synchronized playback which the host controls and a chat feature to communicate with participants. Watch Party will accommodate up to 100 participants per session. However, do note that each participant must have a Prime membership or Prime Video subscription in order to join.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video with your Friends using Watch Party
- Firstly, log in to your Amazon Prime Video accounts on the desktop web browser.
- Next, scroll, search, or navigate to choose the show or movie of your choice.
- Now, Click on the Watch Party icon on your screen for movies. You’ll find it in the episode list for TV shows.
- Here, Enter your name: Choose the name you’d like to use while chatting. Create your Watch Party
- Invite your friends – Share your Watch Party link with up to 100 people. Your friends can join by clicking on their link.
- Start watching and chatting – Once everyone is ready, start your Watch Party. The host can play, pause, and skip for the group.
With that said, what do you think of the new feature? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.