As expected today Asus launched the world’s first smartphone with Google’s DayDream and Tango support in India. The Zenfone AR comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage and is also powered by Snapdragon 821 Processor. It is priced at INR 49,999 and is available exclusively on Flipkart.
Tango is a set of sensors and computer-vision software by Google that enables unique AR user experiences on a smartphone, such as AR gaming, AR utilities, and indoor navigation. Daydream is Google’s platform for high quality, mobile virtual reality and supports Daydream VR apps. The smartphone comes with a 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display. Android 7.0 Nougat lets users get the most out of ZenFone AR with new multitasking features and other enhancements that deliver a great mobile experience. The device is having the fingerprint scanner at the front.
It comes with ASUS TriCamsystem, a three-camera system consisting of a 23MP main camera, motion-tracking camera, and depth-sensing camera. Unlike three-camera systems in other devices, the design of the ASUS TriCam system clusters its array of cameras to reduce their footprint on the phone, enabling the entire phone to be thinner and lighter. The 3300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 can charge up to 60% battery charge in 45 mins via USB Type-C port.
Also, the smartphone comes with some launch offers:
- Flipkart is offering INR 2500 off on Google Daydream View VR Headset along with the purchase of ZenFone AR.
- No cost EMI offer up to 9 months.
- Every Jio and Zenfone AR user will get up to 100GB additional 4G data and complimentary Jio Prime membership. The user can avail the additional 4G data in the form of one additional 10GB data voucher per recharge or Rs 309 or above, for a maximum of 10 recharges till March 2018.
Asus ZenFone AR
- 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB(UFS 2.0) internal storage with microSD support up to 2TB
- 23MP rear camera with a motion-tracking and depth-sensing camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-viewing angle
- Tango-enabled and Daydream-ready
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
What are your thoughts on the new AR and VR smartphone? Drop a comment and let us know in the comments section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.