HTC has unveiled two new smartphones, HTC U11 Plus and U11 Life, the HTC U11 Plus is a flagship smartphone with 18:9 aspect ratio design and the HTC U11 Life comes under one of Google’s most ambitious Android One project. The HTC U11 Plus is the successor to the HTC U11 which was announced earlier this year, it also comes with the Squeeze feature, known as Edge Sense technology, that was also found on HTC 11.
Following the trend of flagship smartphones, the HTC U11 Plus joins in with an edge-to-edge display sporting a 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD panel with 18:9 aspect ratio. The display is protected with Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by the Qualcomm’s latest chipset Snapdragon 835 on a 64-bit processor, clocking 2.45GHz, and it comes with Adreno 540 GPU. It comes in two variants- one with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage and the other with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. It is packed with a 3930mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 feature for fast charge and is running on Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC’s own Sense UI. Coming to the camera department, HTC has gone with a single rear camera, which is quite surprising as most of the phones in 2017 have opted for the dual camera’s setup. Moreover, HTC was one of the first smartphone makers to pack a dual camera on their smartphones. The smartphone sports a 12MP UltraPixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4μm pixel, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and 4K video recording support. The front camera comes with an 8MP with f/2.0 aperture for shooters. Also, the fingerprint scanner is now moved to the rear of the device as it sports an 18:9 aspect ratio display. The device is also IP68 rated, which implies that the device is protected against water ingress to a maximum depth of 1.5 metres of water for up to 30 minutes. The device comes with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant support. Finally, there is no 3.5mm audio jack, which shouldn’t be a surprise anymore, and the company will be giving away USB Type-C headphones with active noise cancellation with all HTC U11 Plus smartphones.
HTC U11 Plus Specs
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.45Gz Snapdragon 835 64-bit processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 2TB
- Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC Sense UI
- 12MP UltraPixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4μm pixel, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 3930mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- IP68 Water and dust resistant
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, Hi-Res audio certified, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition
HTC U11 Life
HTC’s first Android One smartphone, the HTC U11 Life comes with 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD Super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 and it comes with Adreno 510 GPU. The U11 Life comes in two variants- one with 4GB RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage and the other with 6GB RAM and 128GB onboard storage, which can be further expandable up to 2 TB via micro SD card. It is backed by a 2600mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0 for fast charging. The US variant of the device runs on Android 7.1 Nougat and the other variant runs on stock Android 8.0 Oreo, the US variant will be upgradable to Oreo soon.In the camera department, a 16MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording and there is a 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording. The fingerprint scanner is located at the front and it is also IP67 rated, which means the phone is dust resistant and it can be immersed in water to a depth of up to 1 meter. As on the U11 Plus, there is no 3.5mm audio jack and HTC is giving away USB Type-C headphones with active noise cancellation with this smartphone too.
HTC U11 Life Specs
- 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD Super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 2TB
- Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC Sense UI
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Front fingerprint sensor
- Thickness: 8.1mm and Weight: 142g
- FM Radio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, Hi-Res audio certified
- IP67 Water and dust resistant
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C 2.0
- 2600mAh built-in battery with QuickCharge 3.0
Pricing and availability
The HTC U11 Plus comes in Ceramic Black and Amazing Silver colours and is priced at £699 (INR 59,860 approx.) for the 6GB with 128GB storage model. In Europe, the HTC U11 Plus costs €799 (INR 60,140 approx.). The HTC U11 Life comes in Sapphire Blue and Brilliant Black colours. The HTC U11 Plus is priced at $349 (INR 22,560 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant and is available currently in the US exclusively through T-Mobile. The HTC U11 Life, Android One variant costs €395 (INR 29,880 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage model in Europe.
Drop a comment and let us know about these new smartphones from HTC, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.