Motorola is all set to bring 2 new G series smartphones to India, the Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play. These two smartphones were announced in Brazil last month along with Moto G6 Plus, Moto E5, Moto E5 Play, and Moto E5 Plus. The Moto G6 will be exclusively available on Amazon and the Moto G6 Play will be exclusive to Flipkart. The device will also be available offline via Moto hubs across India.
Both the smartphones come with a 5.7-inch display, the Moto G6 comes with Full HD+(2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 IPS display and the Moto G6 Play sports an HD+(1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 IPS display. The G6 is powered by Snapdragon 450 SoC and the G6 Play houses Snapdragon 430 SoC. The Moto G6 will come with 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage and the Moto G6 Play will come with 2GB/3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 128GB. These devices come with water-repellent nanocoating and also turbocharging technology.
#helloyou, gear up for the new #motog family. Get ready to meet the #motog6 on @amazonIN, the #motog6play on @Flipkart & both at a #MotoHub near you! Unveiling on the 4th June. Register now to be the first one to be notified about it. https://t.co/caqLq71AEK pic.twitter.com/slWgbfxfdB
— Motorola India (@motorolaindia) May 21, 2018
In the camera department the G6 comes with dual 12MP+5MP rear cameras with LED Flash and a 16MP front-facing camera, the G6 Play comes with a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF,f/2.0 aperture and an 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash. Both the smartphones are running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Moto G6 Specs
- 5.7-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 IPS display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450, Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 128GB
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 12MP+5MP rear cameras with LED Flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Front fingerprint sensor
- 3000mAh battery with Turbocharging
- Water-repellent nanocoating
- Thickness: 8.3 mm and Weight: 167g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Front-ported loudspeaker, Dolby Audio, 3 mics
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
Moto G6 Play Specs
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 IPS display
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 430, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 128GB
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF,f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4000mAh battery with Turbocharging
- Thickness: 9mm and Weight: 175g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Audio, 3 mics
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2
Moto G6 starts at $249 and Moto G6 Play starts at $199 in western countries that should be around INR 16,965 and INR 13,558 respectivelty. Let us know what price should be ideal for the Indian market, Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.