Qualcomm has announced Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform for mid-range smartphones. The 710 Mobile Platform is built on 10nm process technology, which is seen on flagship level smartphone SoCs. Also, the Snapdragon 710 supports multi-core AI Engine and neural network processing to mid-range smartphones.
Snapdragon 710 is powered by a multi-core AI Engine, delivering up to 2X overall performance improvements in AI applications, as compared to Snapdragon 660. The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform’s newly enhanced architectures, including the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP, Qualcomm Adreno Visual Processing subsystem and Qualcomm Kryo CPU, are engineered to work harmoniously to run on-device AI applications quickly, intuitively and efficiently.Camera
The Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP supports enhancements in capturing professional-grade quality photos and videos with superior low light photography, noise reduction, fast autofocus, image stabilization, smooth zoom and real-time bokeh effects. It is designed to deliver super resolutions with up to 32MP single ISP and 20MP dual ISP. Additionally, the AI Engine in the Snapdragon 710 supports smooth, speedy video style transfer, deep portrait modes and Face ID / Unlock with, active depth sensing.
The Snapdragon 710 features 4K HDR playback for viewing HDR videos and apps – also a first outside the premium 800-tier. The addition of 4K HDR playback brings greater brightness, wider color gamut and color depth to the Snapdragon 710, resulting in enhanced visual quality when viewing 4K HDR supported content over the most popular video streaming services.
It also comes with the latest Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology, users can get a 50% battery charge within 15 minutes. The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform is available now for OEMs and is expected to be found in consumer devices in the second quarter of 2018.
Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform
- Octa-Core – Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 (efficiency) CPUs
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 10nm process technology
- Up to 16GB RAM, 12×16 LPDDR4x 1866MHz, eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C & USB 2.0
- Supports up to QHD+ (2560×1600) displays
- Integrated X12 LTE, VoLTE, Voice over Wi-Fi with LTE
- Cat 12/13 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down/150 Mbps up
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology`
- Up to 32 MP single camera, 20MP dual camera, Zero Shutter Lag, Hybrid Autofocus, Ultra HD 4K video capture at 30fps, High-quality video capture with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering, Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
- Up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
“The Snapdragon 710 Mobile Platform is the first in the newly defined and highly significant 700-tier, offering technologies and features previously only available in our premium-tier mobile platforms,” said Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “By incorporating key AI capabilities and performance advancements, the Snapdragon 710 is designed to transform our customers products into the ultimate personal assistant, enhancing critical everyday consumer experiences, such as high-end camera features that will benefit from on-device high-speed AI processing, without sacrificing battery life.”
Follow us on twitter for more news and updates.