OnePlus has emerged as the market leader in the premium smartphone brand, with a market share of 37 percent in India, according to a leading market research firm, IDC. In Q3 2018, the premium smartphone (USD 500+) segment, witnessed OnePlus becoming the market leader with 37% market share followed by Apple and Samsung.
Commenting on the premium smartphone segment, Upasana Joshi, Associate Research Manager, IDC India said, “OnePlus climbed to the leadership position at the back of OnePlus 6, surpassing Samsung and Apple. With its dedicated community building activities and high decibel promotional activities on social media platforms, the vendor has been gradually scaling up in volumes.”Also, in the US$400+ price segment, OnePlus clocked its highest ever shipments in a quarter, pushing the overall smartphone ASP in the online space to US$166 in 3Q18 from US$156 in 3Q17.
A few months ago, OnePlus 6 received an overwhelming response all over and OnePlus managed to sell over a million OnePlus 6 in 22 days. The successor to the OnePlus 6, the OnePlus 6T was announced a couple of weeks back and it is the company’s best till date. The OnePlus 6T comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner that uses the light to identify the fingerprint and unlock the smartphone on 0.34seconds and also supports face unlock.
OnePlus 6T Specifications
- 6.41 -inch optic AMOLED(2340*1080 pixel) 19.5:9 display with a water drop notch
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6/8GB RAM
- 128/256GB built-in storage
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 16MP+20MP Dual rear cameras with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS
- 16MP Front Camera, f/1.7 aperture
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- 3700mAh battery with fast charging
- Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Wi 802.11/b/g/n
- Thickness: 8.2mm and Weight: 180gms
The smartphone is now available for general sales across all channels including OnePlus.in, Amazon.in and Reliance Digital, Croma outlets and all OnePlus exclusive offline stores.