After launching the highly successful native Android and iOS apps, Flipkart.com, the leading e-commerce marketplace in India, launched its Windows Phone shopping app today. The Flipkart.com Windows Phone app aims to make the shopping experience on Flipkart.com faster, smoother and easier for all Nokia Lumia and other Windows Phone users – allowing them to shop from a massive selection of 100% original products including mobile phones, laptops, books, shoes, watches and apparel.
The app’s design and user interactions have been optimized for a Windows Phone user. “With smartphones becoming more affordable and a steady rise in internet enabled devices, the number of people who are using their mobile phones to shop is increasing dramatically. Windows Phone smart devices have a large, engaged user base in India and the app lets us reach out to this substantial audience. Today’s launch will make shopping on Flipkart.com available to all Windows mobile users and let them experience the convenience of shopping on the go.” said Saran Chatterjee, VP – Products and Mobile Strategy at Flipkart.
Some of the features of the Flipkart.com Windows Phone app are:
- Easy navigation through different departments to find products
- Search for products, categories or brands
- Quickly narrow down search results using Sort and Filter functions
- View product images up close with the zoom feature
- Read reviews that other users have written about different products
- Pay by Cash on Delivery, Credit/Debit Cards, EMI, NetBanking, Flipkart Wallet and Flipkart eGVs
- Track status of your order
- View recently browsed products and their details
- Access your saved cart and user details by logging in through Flipkart, Facebook or Google login
A discount of Rs. 100 for purchases worth Rs. 1500 and above is available to customers who use the Flipkart Windows app for the first three days after the launch. This offer is valid till Friday, 11th April. The app is available for download from – http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/flipkart/e79de9bc-6cdd-42ff-be8d-a75bba0db05e