Truecaller has added a new feature with the update for all its android users with Call Me Back feature. This new addition takes the existing “availability” feature to a whole new level of aiding the last mile call completion. This update, part of its android version 7.82 rolled out recently. Furthermore, such a feature is something that the telecom service providers have been aiming to aid their last mile call completion challenges for quite some time caused either by less than ideal network connectivity or call congestion / congested network.
Call Me Back ensures that at any given point of time, when one user tries to reach another user from their android smartphone and gets to see if the person they had called is either busy, non-reachable or the call getting rejected for some reason, there is a suitable and smart alternative to close that call positively in very immediate future.
This is how it works
Call is made to a Truecaller user whose contact details are already saved in the caller’s phone book but the receiver fails to answer the call due to below said conditions,
- Call gets disconnected
- Call is rejected by the receiver
- Call Failed – which means call never happened due to network failure or any other reason and the call duration is “zero”
- And, the call receiver who in this case is a Truecaller user should have their “last seen” in the past 24 hours
Further Truecaller users gets a “pop-up” notification screen on top of their Truecaller or any android dialer, with two options prompting them to,
- Ask to call back
- Call again
When the caller chooses the following options, “Ask to call back” –a push notification will be sent to the receiver of the call which will appear on their Truecaller notification section.
Truecaller’s Year in calling report 2016
Here is the list of Global statistics from the report. How the world communicated using Truecaller in 2016.
- Spammers Identified: 12 million
- Top Spammer made: 6 million calls (during the year)
- Most popular day to talk: Tuesday
- Total blocked calls: 1.1 billion
- Total calls made using Truecaller: 1.3 billion
- Users in India: 150 million
- Spam coverage increase on iOS 10: 25%
Do you use Truecaller on your smartphone o regular basis? do let us know in the comment section below. Follow us on twitter for more news and updates.