Uber today announced the completion of 500 million trips, which is a key milestone in its four-year journey in India. Also, the company announced marking double digit growth in the country and almost 2.5x YoY growth as of June 2017.
Uber has expanded to 29 Indian cities pan India, which resulted in double digit growth in the country with the business growing by 2.5x in June 2017 YoY. Uber says it has 4,50,000 registered driver partners in four years. Through UberSHAAN, Uber aims to create 1 million livelihood opportunities as micro-entrepreneurs in India by 2018. Also, Uber said that over 80% Uber rides are rated a 5-star.
Other Uber facts
- Riders and driver-partners have traveled over 5,791,025,961 KM together
- 5 million weekly active riders
- India is the biggest market for Uber, outside the U.S
- Uber pool is now available in Delhi Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai and Pune.
- Over 25% of Uber rides are taken on uber pool
- 23,00,000 liters of fuel saved and prevented the emission of over 53,00,000 kgs of CO2
- Uber launched Asia’s first Engineering Center in Bengaluru (Bangalore) in January 2016
To say thanks and express gratitude, Uber is giving each of the lucky 176 driver partners INR 5000 and the lucky riders Uber credits worth INR 500.
Commenting on the occasion, Amit Jain, President, Uber India and South Asia said, ““This is a significant landmark for Uber in India. Four years ago, India was the 18th country in the world to experience the magic of ‘push a button and get a ride’, when we launched in Bangalore with just 3 employees. Today, we’re over a 1000 member team who share the common vision of redefining the future of urban mobility. Achieving new milestones and continuing our exponential growth journey is a reflection of a strong business we're building in India. I’m humbled at the pace at which Uber has grown and the impact we continue to make to the lives of our riders, driver partners and the cities we operate in.”
How is your experience with Uber so far? Let us know in the comments section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.