During the launch of the Asus Zenfone 5Z today at an event in New Delhi today Asus also announced the availability of the Zenfone Pro M1 6GB RAM variant. The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 was launched back in May and was available in 3/4GB options till now with 32/64GB storage respectively. The new variant will come with 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage and also an improved 16MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, f/2.2 aperture compared to 8MP selfie-camera on the previous two variants.
Coming to the specifications, the device sports a 5.99-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass IPS display, it is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 processor clocked at 1.8Ghz with Adreno 509 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage options with expandable memory up to 2TB. It is running on Stock Android 8.1 Oreo, it is good to see the companies opting for stock Android over their skin, Zen UI in this case. It packs in a massive 5000mAh battery with fast charging that can charge the battery from 0% to 100% in just 2 hours and 42 minutes. In the camera department, there is a 13MP+5MP camera setup with LED flash, f/2.2 wide-aperture lens, the secondary 5MP rear camera is a dedicated depth-sensing camera for more accurate bokeh effect in portraits and close-ups. The device comes with an improved 16MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, f/2.2 aperture. The fingerprint scanner is located at the rear of the device and there is also face unlock feature. Other features of the device include Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Specs
- 5.99-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- 1.8Ghz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 SoC with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage with microSD support up to 2TB
- 13MP+5MP camera setup with LED flash, f/2.2 wide-aperture lens
- 16MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging, 0% to 100% in 2 hours and 42 minutes.
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Rear fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- 5-magnet speaker, NXP Smart Amp
- Thickness: 8.46mm and Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5
This smartphone will go on sale for IN 14,999 on Flipkart sometime in July, the exact date will be relived in the coming days, follow us on Twitter for more on that.