Just a week ago, OnePlus announced the first Open Beta for their current flagship smartphone, OnePlus 6. Today, the company has announced the Open Beta 2 for all the enrolled Open Beta users. The first Open Beta bought the Android 9.0 Pie and the latest beta build brings in some improvements, bug fixes, front camera improvements and overall optimization to the OnePlus 6.
As posted earlier also there are few issues that OnePlus is posting in the forum- with this update, the know issues are some third-party applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version and Google Pay service is not working. So, if the OnePlus 6 is your daily driver, better avoid installing this beat software and wait for the next build or even the stable build.Here is the official changelog from the forum
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Optimization for the pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- Optimized multi-tasking UI
- Optimized image quality for the front camera
- Improved UI for Verification Codes (for OTP), making it faster to find what you want
- Third-Party Apps
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
Steps to upgrade from Stable official version to Android P Beta version
- Download the ROM upgrade package from the specified server [HERE]
- Copy ROM upgrade package to the mobile phone storage
- Settings -> system updates -> top right corner icon -> local upgrade -> click on the installation package -> immediately upgrade -> system upgrade to 100%
- Select Reboot system now.
- Update successfully!!!
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.