After three Open Beta updates for the OnePlus 6 with latest Android 9.0 Pie, OnePlus is now rolling out the stable version of the same to all the users across the globe. This makes OnePlus 6 one of the few smartphones to get the latest Android update. Also, starting with the Android Pie, OxygenOS version number will correspond with the Android version number.
The new version brings brand new UI, new Android Pie gesture navigation, and many other features. OnePlus is adding a layer of their Oxygen OS features like supported accent color customization, new DND mode with adjustable settings, Gaming Mode 3.0, and more. This update will also upgraded the OnePlus 6 to the latest security patch of September 2018. The Android 9.0 Pie comes with Adaptive battery feature powered by Google’s AI, you can now expect 30% less in CPU wake-up time and increase in the battery life. The AI battery can also predict how long you can use your phone with X% of battery remaining depending on your usage habits, thanks to AI. With the new Adaptive Brightness, Android P gets an automatic brightness adjustment using an ambient light sensor, now Google is integrating AI into the feature so that it will learn from your manual adjustments to automatically set the screen brightness.
The update size is 1512MB(1.48GB).
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
Other changes in Android 9 Pie
- Slide Home button to view recent apps
- Verticle volume control
- autorotation icon appear at the side of navigation bar for certain apps
- better screenshots with built-in editing tools
- Turn down the phone to enter DND mode
- Better background apps management
This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.
After this offcial rollout, we can expected older gen devices like OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 3/3T getting Open Beta and Stable update with in next couple of months. Which is your favorite Android 9 Pie feature? Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.