Amazon Echo devices and Alexa completed their first anniversary in India on 31st October. Alexa also turned four years old on 6th November. Here’s a roundup of all things that were added to Amazon Echo devices in the month of October.
The new equalizer feature has been added to all the Echo devices to allow users to personalize how their music sounds by adjusting the bass, mid-range, and treble on their Echo devices. Each band can be adjusted between -6dB and +6B. To make an adjustment, all you need to do is ask Alexa to increase or decrease a specific band. Just say:
- “Alexa, turn up the base”
- “Alexa, set the base to minus 6”
- “Alexa, decrease the treble”
- “Alexa, set mid-range to maximum”
- “Alexa, reset equalizer”
Create/Browse lists on all Echo Devices
Customers can now create, browse lists and can add items to lists across all echo devices by saying:
- “Alexa, add a new list”
- “Alexa, create a list named big bazaar”
- “Alexa, read my dinner party list”
- “Alexa, what lists do I have?”
- “Alexa, add to my travel list”
Alexa’s first anniversary in India
As Alexa celebrates her first anniversary in India, here are some fun facts:
- India says “I love you” to Alexa at least once every minute
- Alexa gets asked “Will you marry me?” at least once every second minute
- Alexa spends an hour every day singing “Happy birthday“
- Alexa spends more than half a day, every day, telling stories
- If you stacked all the Echo devices sold in India so far, the combined height would be over 4 times taller than Mount Everest
Localized Easter eggs for conversation
- “Alexa, kya bolti tu?”
- “Alexa, naam toh suna hoga”
- “Alexa, all is well”
- “Alexa, rock on”
- “Alexa, winter is coming”
Fire TV Stick 4K with Dolby Vision, HDR10+ support and Alexa Voice Remote
The Fire TV Stick 4K features a new quad-core 1.7GHz processor, delivering a fast streaming experience and gives you access to the vast catalog of content currently available on Fire TV including 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ titles. It is the first streaming media stick available with Dolby Vision. By saying “Alexa, show me K TV shows” or “Alexa, watch Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan” you can get the 4K contents easily. You can also enjoy 3D surround sound when connected to compatible home audio systems. Read more…
Combining Bluetooth, multidirectional infrared technology and powered by Amazon’s cloud-based service, the all-new Alexa Voice Remote allows you to power on your compatible TV with a single remote. The all-new Alexa Voice Remote is compatible with all Fire TV devices available in India and can control power and volume on thousands of TVs.
Pricing and Availability
- Fire TV Stick 4K is available for pre-order now on Amazon.in for INR 5,999 and will start shipping in India on November 14.
- Alexa Voice Remote is available for pre-order as a standalone remote for INR 1,999 and will start shipping on November 14.
Four new Alexa built-in devices
Indian brands – iBall, Sirena Technologies, boAt, and MyBox have integrated Alexa into their products with the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) and the users in India now access Alexa – bringing the convenience of voice control to even more connected devices across a variety of form factors and price ranges. Read more…
iBall Breathe–M headphones – INR 2,225
Vood smart speaker – INR 2699, will be available from mid-November
boAt Stone 700A – MRP- INR 7,999, introductory price: INR 4,000
MyBox Alexa Kit INR 1,999.
Voltas air conditioners:
Voltas smart ACs can be controlled using simple voice commands with Alexa. This new range including the Voltas Inverter Split AC and Voltas Split AC is available exclusively on Amazon.
Syska smart home devices
Syska announced collaboration with Tuya Smart to launch an array of new smart home products like Smart Door Bells, Smart Switches, Smart IR, Smart Air Purifier, Smart Air Con (portable), Smart Down Light/ Ceiling Light, Smart IP Camera, Smart Wall-Light, Smart Door Sensors, Smart PIR Sensor, ZigBee Kit and Bluetooth Bulb Array. All these devices can be controlled with Alexa.
Teelight smart lights:
Yeelight, a Xiaomi owned company has entered the Indian market with the launch of four smart lighting products that includes a smart lamp, a light strip, and two smart bulbs. Priced between INR 2,000 to 5,000, the products will be exclusively available on Amazon currently and are Alexa compatible.
Mi Air PurifierThe latest air purifier from Xiaomi comes with advanced OLED display, Laser Particle Sensor and a high 310m³ PM/hr CADR which effectively cleans a room in 10 min. You can control the purifier through Mi Home App and Alexa.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.