OnePlus and McLaren has announced a new partnership today. The collaboration between the two brands will unfold in India on 12 December 2018 in India. The partnership incorporates both McLaren Automotive and McLaren Racing, one of the most successful teams in Formula 1 history. OnePlus is expected to unveil OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition. The tagline for the event is “Salute to Speed”.
Commenting on the partnership, OnePlus CEO & Founder, Pete Lau said, “McLaren and OnePlus were born in a similar way – with a big dream to create something special. Starting from nothing, we challenged ourselves to never settle. Today we unveil a true testament to innovation, a salute to speed.”
Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren Racing, said, “The OnePlus brand is synonymous with speed and power, two values that McLaren likewise strives to deliver with every car we build. Bringing together the inventive, pioneering spirit shared by both OnePlus and McLaren is a firm statement of intent to leverage our collective powers and break new ground for innovative ideas and technology.”
Previous OnePlus collaborations
- OnePlus teamed up with Parisian retailer Colette to produce the OnePlus 3T x Colette 20th Anniversary Edition.
- OnePlus worked with Jean-Charles de Castelbajac to produce the OnePlus 5 x JCC+Limited Edition “Callection” of colorful gear and technology.
- In 2017, OnePlus celebrated its anniversary in India by joining forces with the latest chapter in the Star Wars saga – The Last Jedi – in an exclusive collaboration for the OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition.
- In April of this year, OnePlus announced a partnership with Marvel Studios to launch the OnePlus 6 x Marvel Avengers Limited Edition
Event, Time, and Location
- India – Richardson and Cruddas, Byculla, Mumbai at 6PM IST on December 12th.
- UK – McLaren Technology Centre on December 11th at 9:30 AM GMT (3PM IST).
What do you guys think of this new collab? Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.