Huami has launched a new smartwatch in India, Amazfit Verge. The company had previously announced Amazfit BIP and Stratos smartwatches starting at INR 5,499 back in July 2018. The Amazfit Verge smartwatch is priced at INR 11,999 and is available starting January 15, 2019, exclusively on Amazon. It is available in Sky Grey, Twilight Blue, and Moonlight White color options.
The Amazfit Verge comes with a 1.3-inch AMOLED display up front along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection with AF coating, it is powered by a dual-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz and 4GB in-built memory. Amazfit Verge is equipped with a built-in GPS, heart rate sensor and tracks distance, time, pace, calories, speed, elevation and more. The Amazfit Verge can run all-day heartrate monitoring with a high precision optical sensor that takes up 80 percent less power and is accurate to up to 98 percent. It offers over 5 days of battery life on a single charge. Further, like any other smartwatch, it can show notifications for incoming calls, messages, emails, and other apps notifications. It features 11 different modes for activities and 13 built-in watch faces, three of which are designed in partnership with San Francisco-based Territory Studio. Amazfit Verge also comes with voice-controlled Artificial Intelligence.
Amazfit Verge Specifications
- 1.3-inch AMOLED display(360 X 360 pixel), Corning Gorilla glass 3 with AF coating
- 1.2GHz Dual-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB built-in storage
- Sensors: Optical heart rate sensor, Acceleration sensor, Gyroscope, Geomagnetic sensor, and air pressure sensor
- 5 days+ of battery life on single charge – 390mAH
- GPS, GLONASS and heart rate sensor
- IP68 Water and dust resistant certified – Resistant to dust, rain, splashing, and accidental submersion
- Detailed sports tracking: running, walking, cycling, elliptical, climbing, skiing, and more
- Connect wirelessly to Bluetooth earbuds and enjoy music and media with the internal 2.4GB storage for phone-free running
- Compatible with iOS 9.0+ and Android 4.4+ devices and above
- Amazfit OS Operating System (based on Android System)
- Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
- Available in 3 colors – Sky Grey, Twilight Blue, and Moonlight White
Commenting on the launch, CP Khandelwal, Founder, PR Innovations, said, “At PR Innovation, our focus is to constantly cater to the growing demand in the wearable technology segment with value plus products. We are excited to bring Amazfit Verge in the country through our exclusive partnership with Amazon India. We are looking forward to a positive response from India post the incredible performance of Amazfit BIP, Stratos, Pace and Cor last year.”
Are you using any smartwatch? Drop a comment and let us know in the comment section below, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.