After a series of teasers from Xiaomi India on social media, the company has finally announced the launch ‘Date‘ of their upcoming smartphone, Redmi Note 7 on ‘Valentine’s day‘. The announcement was made on Twitter, Facebook by Manu Kumar Jain, Global VP Xiaomi & MD Xiaomi India. The Redmi Note 7 will be unveiled in India on February 28.
The Redmi Note 7 was previously announced in China last month and it comes with a 48MP rear camera along with a secondary 5MP camera. The 48MP sensor comes with an f/1.8 aperture and captures pictures with 48 million 0.8 micron pixels. It features a 6.3-inch dew-drop notched display and a massive 4000mAH battery with Quick Charge 4.0 support via USB Type-C. Further, the device comes with a tall 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2340*1080) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection, under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core 14nm Snapdragon 660 locked at 2.2GHz, Adreno 512. It was launched with 3/4/6GB RAM and 32/64GB storage options with microSD card support.
Redmi Note 7 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2340*1080) IPS display, Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.2GHz Octa-core 14nm Snapdragon 660, Adreno 512
- 3/4/6GB RAM
- 32/64GB storage, microSD card support
- 48MP(f/1.8)+5MP rear camera
- 13MP front facing camera
- Rear Fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Thickness: 8.1mm and Weight: 186g
- 4000mAH battery, 18W Quick Charge 4.0, USB Type-C
- IR Blaster, 3.5mm Audio Jack
The device was launched for a starting price of 999 yuan in China, which is approximately INR 10,487. We should know the exact pricing of the Redmi Nite 7 in a couple of weeks when it will be officially launched in India.