HMD Global announced Nokia 9 PureView back in February 2019 at the Mobile World Congress 2019. Today, the company has finally teased the launch of the device here India on Twitter. The Nokia 9 PureView was launched alongside the Nokia 4.2, Nokia 3.2 at MWC 2019 and both the Nokia 3.2 and Nokia 4.2 were launched in India a few weeks ago. The Nokia 9 PureView was announced with Snapdragon 845 and it will be interesting to see if the phone will come with Snapdragon 855 in India. Also, the USP of the device is the Penta(5) camera set up at the rear.
— Nokia Mobile India (@NokiamobileIN) July 4, 2019
The Nokia 9 packs in a Penta(5) camera set up at the rear with dual LED flash and ZEISS optics. All the five cameras sport a 12MP sensor with three of them being a Monochrome and two of them being RGB sensors. All five 12MP sensors come with an f/1.8 aperture and the Monochrome sensor can capture 2.9 times more light and the RGB sensors can capture 10 times more light compared to a single RGB sensor. Overall the camera can produce 1200 layer of depth data. The camera UI also packs in a native Black & White mode, RAW image capture, Google Photos integration to adjust the depth of background and foreground.
With the rear cameras, users will be able to capture 5 simultaneous shots, 10X more light can be captured, more detailed shots and also crisp HDR shots. It also comes with shot re-focus feature for depth-of-field control. Further, with all five sensors in action, the camera unit can capture a 240MP RAW image. Over at the front, the Nokia 9 comes with a 20MP selfie camera. Other features of the device include NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, IP67 rating.
Nokia 9 PureView Specifications
- 5.99-inch Quad HD Puredisplay(pOLED), HDR10 certified
- 2.8GHz Octa-core 10nm Snapdragon 845 Processor, Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, microSD card support
- Five 12MP rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, Dual LED flash (3 Monochrome + 2 RGB)
- 20MP front-facing camera
- 3320mAH battery with Quick Charge support via USB Type-C port, Qi-wireless charging support
- Android 9.0 Pie
- IP67 Water and Dust Resistant
- In-display fingerprint scanner, AI Face unlock
- NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS