At the annual AGM today, Reliance Jio has announced the commercial rollout of Jio Fiber in India. The Jio Fiber was initially announced in the last AGM(2018) and after being testing by more than 5 Million users in the county the Jio Fiber will commercially rollout from September 5, 2019. The most basic plan will start at INR 700 for 100Mbps connection and the price will go all the up to INR 10,000 per month for 1Gbps plan.
Jio Fiber Plans and Pricing
Jio’s home internet service, Gigafiber will start rolling out from September 5, 2019, after being testing by over 5 Million users in India in the past few months and making it the largest Beta Program in India.
- Jio Fiber’s basic plans start at 100Mbps and goes up to 1Gbps(1000Mbps)
- The price starts at INR 700 and goes up to INR 10,000 per month
- Jio Fiber rollout will be completed in the next 12 months. (Jio.com)
- Free Landline with every Jio Fiber connection.
- Free and unlimited voice calls from Home to any Indian operator with both mobile and fixed-line.
- Jio Customers who opt for annual plans with gets free 4K TV and set-top-box for free.
- Unlimited international calling pack for INR 500/month on fixed-line (US and Canada)
- Premium Jio Fiber users can watch the movie on the release day itself, First Day First Show Movies starting Mid 2020.
- The Mixed Reality(MR) Headset, Holoboard introduced will be used for Shopping, Education, and Entertainment.
- The MR headset will be soon available in India at an affordable price.
- AR Headset will also have Voice assistant, interactive games, home security, smart home solution.
- Jio has partnered with Tencent, Gameloft, RIOT, Milestone for gaming experience on the platform
Also, at the AGM the company announced several other new solutions that include:
- Jio is now India’s #1 Telecom operator and #2 in the world.
- 5.16% QoQ growth in net revenue, which is INR 11, 679 crores.
- Jio will enter Internet of Things(IoT) sector to increase the revenue.
- IoT, Home Broadband, MSEM Broadband, Entertainment are the growth engines.
- Jio Set-top box will come with subscriptions for most of the popular OTT applications
- High-end, Multi-party Video calls.
- Jio has partnered with Microsoft to set-up data centers across India.
- The Microsoft partnership will also bring Microsoft’s Azure platform to Jio.
Jio PostPaid Plus
- India’s first SIM set-up service at home.
- Platinum-grade service and product experience.
- Seamless Voice and Data connectivity.
- Family plans and data sharing.
- Internation roaming at 1/5th to 1/10th of the current cost.
- Phone upgrades at preferential rates.
Microsoft has partnered with Jio to announce a comprehensive long-term alliance to accelerate India’s digital progress. The collaboration will accelerate innovation to create more affordable offerings for Indian SMBs and startups, including a new range of solutions for one-stop IT capabilities and allowing front-end applications on mobile devices, desktops, and other tools. Jio will build new custom solutions on Microsoft Azure for large enterprises who have already benefited from our technology platforms.
Companies will also have easy and affordable access to data analytics, AI, cognitive services, blockchain, IoT and edge computing to accelerate India’s digital transformation and enable grassroots innovation.