Apple today announced its new-gen iPhone smartphone at an event in Steve Jobs theater, California, USA. Just last year, this year the company announced three new iPhones – Apple iPhone 11, Apple iPhone 11 Pro, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max. The Apple iPhone 11 is the most affordable of the three and the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max is the premium smartphone among the three. Let’s take a look at the most affordable iPhone 11 here.
The iPhone 11 features a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display with 1792×828 pixel resolution and 625 nits max brightness. Under the hood, it is powered by the latest A13 Bionic chipset that is up to 20 percent faster CPU and GPU than A12. A13 Bionic is built for machine learning, with a faster Neural Engine for real-time photo and video analysis, and new Machine Learning Accelerators that allow the CPU to deliver more than 1 trillion operations per second. Built for efficiency, the A13 Bionic also enables great all-day battery life. It comes in three storage options – 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
On to the camera department, the iPhone 11 comes with 12MP Dual rear cameras with primary 12MP wide camera with f/1.8, 26mm lens, OIS, and 100% focus pixel and a 12MP ultra-wide f/2.4 lens with 13mm lens, 120-degree FoV camera. The camera supports portrait mode, night mode, 2x Optical Zoom, Mono portrait mode, 4k video recording with extended dynamic range, slow-mo. Also, one can record video without switching out of Photo mode with QuickTake by simply holding the shutter button to start recording. Over at the front, there is a 12MP wide-angle camera with 4k 60fps and slow-mo.
Further, the iPhone 11 features the glass protection, it is rated IP68 for water resistance up to 2 meters for up to 30 minutes, and is protected against accidental spills from common liquids such as coffee and soda. The device is running on iOS 13 which brings a lot of new features like Dark Mode, Advanced Photo and Camera Features, Sign In with Apple, and more.
Other features include new Apple-designed U1 chip for spatial awareness, Face ID with up to 30 percent faster and easier to use with improved performance at varying distances and support for more angles, Spatial audio provides an immersive surround sound experience and Dolby Atmos, and Gigabit-class LTE and Wi-Fi 6 allow for faster download speeds and Dual SIM with eSIM.
Apple iPhone 11 Specifications
- 6.1‑inch(1792×828-pixel) Liquid Retina HD display, 625 nits max brightness
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- A13 Bionic chip
- Storage: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB
- 12MP Ultra-Wide(ƒ/2.4, 120° FoV) + 12MP Wide(ƒ/1.8) Dual rear cameras
- 12MP camera front-facing camera, ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Face ID
- IP68 Rated
- iOS 13
- Gigabit‑class LTE with 2×2 MIMO, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode
- Ultra-Wideband chip for spatial awareness
- Dual SIM(nano + eSIm)VoLTE, Built-in GPS/GNSS, Digital compass, iBeacon micro-location, Siri
- Up to 10 hours Video playback (streamed), Wireless charging
- Sensors: Barometer, Three‑axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Weight: 194 grams
- Colors: Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, RED, White
Pricing and Availability
- 64G – $699 (INR 50,240 approx)
- 128GB – $749 (INR 53,834 approx)
- 256GB – $849 (INR 61,021 approx)
In India, the iPhone 11 will start at INR 64,900 and will be available starting September 27th.