Nokia 5, Nokia’s second Android smartphone is all set to go on sale from tomorrow in India. The smartphone was announced at MWC 2017 and was launched in India on June 13th along with Nokia 3 and Nokia 6. The Nokia 3 went on sale last month and the Nokia 6 will be up for grabs next week, for which more than 1 million people have registered on Amazon.
Coming back to Nokia 5, it is for people who prefer a compact form factor as it flaunts a 5.2-inch HD display, protected by Gorilla Glass. The Phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC and comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage with MicroSD card support. It is packed with a 3000mAh battery.
In the camera department, the Nokia 5 comes with a 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0 aperture, dual tone flash and an 8MP front facing camera with AF, 1.12um, f/2.0 aperture. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and comes with close to the stock Android experience. The device also houses a front facing fingerprint scanner.
Nokia 5 Specs
- 5.2-inch 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, with microSD card support up to 128GB
- Rear camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2, dual tone flash
- Front Camera: 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2, FOV 84 degrees
- Front Fingerprint sensor
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 3000mAh built-in battery
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Thickness: 7.8mm
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
Vodafone consumers will get 5GB data per month @ Rs. 149 per month for 3 months on their Nokia 5. Consumers will also get Rs. 2500 off (Rs. 1800 on hotels & Rs.700 off on domestic flights) on Makemytrip.com. The Nokia 5 is priced at INR 12,499 and available in Black, Gold, and Grey color options.
How many of you are willing to buy the Nokia 5? Drop a comment and let us know in the comments section below. Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.