Here’s a trick to get the Face Unlock feature of 5T on your OnePlus 3 and 3T phones.
The brand has started rolling the Android Oreo update to last year’s flagship variants of OnePlus 3 and 3T. As the company has already suggested and guaranteed that the OnePlus 5 will definitely get the Face Unlock Feature, it’s a little strange to understand, why the OnePlus 3 and 3T are left out? It’s unfair as both the phones were recently launched last year, itself.
We understand, you are disappointed. Therefore, we are here to help you out. To give you a better understanding, let’s solve the puzzle. The Android Oreo-based Oxygen OS 5.0 new update brings the Face ID feature to your phones. Although, there has been no mention of the face unlock feature in the update change log, every OnePlus 3 and 3T phone can get this feature, as it comes with the update.
Here’s what you need to do
- Update your OnePlus 3 or 3T phone to Android Oreo- Oxygen 5.0
- Then Go to Settings and Select, ‘About Phone option’ to confirm, if your phone has the Android Nougat v8.0 and EMUI version of Oxygen 5.0
- Thereafter, go back to Settings.
- Tap on Security & fingerprint
- Select Smart Unlock option
- The Smart unlock will offer you 5 ways to lock your phone such as – On-body detection, Trusted voice, Trusted face, Trusted devices and Trusted places
- Select Trusted face.
- Put in your security password
- After that, set your Face ID by letting it scan your face
- Once you get an option, it’s done, the Face Unlock feature is set on your phone.
Would you be willing to set your Face ID as a security means on your OnePlus 3 and 3T phones? Try it out and comment below to tell us, how it works?