Sennheiser today announced its latest Memory Mic. The latest microphone from the company is designed to enhance the audio experience while creating varied kinds of content, taking care of different requirements, the Memory Mic can work seamlessly with both, Android as well as iOS.
With increasing penetration of smartphones and high adoption of the internet, mobile devices need to have an external microphone which is easy to use and is able to deliver stunning audio quality has also increased. Catering to this growing segment, Sennheiser’s Memory Mic wireless microphone for smartphones enables the creation of quality content at the touch of a button. It is a small, lightweight microphone offering excellent sound and works at any distance from the smartphone. Further, with Sennheiser Memory Mic App which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play and users can set the sensitivity of the microphone at three levels, which is pretty helpful if you have a quite soft voice or a loud voice – by altering its sensitivity, the microphone will adapt to your speaking style. With easy one-touch synchronization of audio and video, the Memory Mic offers you the benefit of an audio mixer in the app and convenient recharging via USB. Even better, you don’t have to worry about getting out of range: Once the mic has been synced, you can record at any distance from the smartphone. For recording, the Memory Mic is simply synced with the app via Bluetooth, attached with its magnetic clip to the clothing of the person you want to film – and you’re ready. When recording with the Memory Mic, the integrated microphone of the smartphone is also active and works to concurrently pick up ambient sound. Using the dedicated audio mixer of the Memory Mic App, the user is able to select the optimum balance between ambiance and the audio captured with the Memory Mic at a later point in time. As the wireless Memory Mic does not occupy any input on the smartphone, journalists can still employ additional accessories such as a gimbal or connect an additional wired microphone for interviews.
The Memory Mic is available now in offline stores and Sennheiser’s web store for INR 18,900.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1 or later; WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Transmission frequencies: 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz
- RF output power: ≤ 10 mW
- Max. sound pressure level: 119 dB SPL
- Capsule pre-polarised: condenser microphone
- Pick-up pattern: Omni-directional
- Frequency response: 100 – 20,000 Hz
- Data stream bit resolution: 48 kHz/16 bit
- Operating time: ≤ 4 h
- Power supply rechargeable lithium-polymer battery; 3.7 VDC, 360 mAh
- Charging current: 5 V, 500 mA via USB
- Charging time: 70% charge: ≤ 1 h; 100% charge: ≤ 2 h
- Dimensions: approx. 51 x 37 x 16 mm
- Weight: approx. 30 g
- Temperature range: Operation: 0°C to +40°C; Storage: -20°C to +70°C