ZTE’s sub-brand, Nubia has announced its latest gaming smartphone in China. The latest gaming device from the company, Nubia Red Magic 3 comes with ICE 2.0 multi-dimensional internal cooling fan system, massive 5000mAH battery with 27W fast charging, a 90Hz AMOLED display, RGB strip and much more.
The Nubia Red Magic 3 features high-efficiency 14000 RPM centrifugal fan for cooling and make gameplay smooth, the device is also IP55 rated for water and dust resistant and also for heat dissipation, the device comes with a liquid-cooled copper tube that keeps the device cool even after intense gaming sessions. In the audio department, the Red Magic 3 comes with Double super linear speaker with 3D surround sound, DTS7.1 channel, and DTS X technology support. One thing that will definitely be appreciated by the gamers is the presence of the 3.5mm audio jack.
Also, as seen on the original Red Magic, this phone also features RGB strip at the rear and an additional switch toggles to “Red Magic Game Space 2.0,” a gaming-focused dashboard that will help to organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds, monitor temperature and usage stats in real time, block notifications for uninterrupted gaming, record in-game videos, and more. Further, the touch-sensitive shoulder triggers provide additional hardware buttons without the need for a gamepad accessory. Users can configure and custom-map these buttons to suit their game of choice. Users can also customize RGB lighting with several effects and over 16.8 million colors with Red Magic’s light effects editor.
Upfront, the Nubia Red Magic 3 faults a 6.65-inch Full HD+ (1080*2340p) HDR AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, the Red Magic 3 is packed with an Octa-core Snapdragon 855 chipset clocking at 2.84GHz coupled with Adreno 640 GPU and 4th generation AI engine. The device comes in three variants -(LPDDR4X RAM+UFS 2.1 Storage) 6GB+64GB, 8GB+128GB, and 12GB+256GB. Red Magic 3 is running on Redmagic OS 2.0 based on Android 9.0 and is powered by a massive 5000mAH battery with 27W fast charging which can provide One hour of gaming with just ten minutes of charging.
On to the optics, the Nubia Red Magic 3 features 48MP single camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, an f/1.7 aperture, Dual color temperature LED, PDFA, Support for 4 in 1 (12MP, 1.6μm). The device also supports slow-mo video up to 1920fps and can also capture 8K video. Over at the front, there is a 16MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture and 2.0μm large pixel. The fingerprint scanner is present right below the rear camera. Other features of the device include Dual-band Wi-Fi(2.4GHz+5GHz), USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.
Nubia Red Magic 3 Specifications
- 6.65-inch Full HD+ (1080*2340p) HDR AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 2.84GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 855 chipset clocking, Adreno 640 GPU
- Variants – 6GB+64GB, 8GB+128GB, and 12GB+256GB
- 48MP single camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, an f/1.7 aperture, Dual color temperature LED, PDFA, Support for 4 in 1 (12MP, 1.6μm). The device also supports slow-mo video up to 1920fps and can also capture 8K video
- 16MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture and 2.0μm large pixel.
- Redmagic OS 2.0 based on Android 9.0
- 5000mAH battery with 27W fast charging
- Rear fingerprint scanner
- IP55 rated for water and dust resistant
- Double super linear speaker with 3D surround sound, DTS7.1 channel, and DTS X
- 3.5mm audio jack
- ICE multi-dimensional cooling system
- Thickness: 9.65mm and Weight: 215g
Pricing and Availability
- Nubia Red Magic 3 6GB+64GB – 3199 RMB (INR 33,197 approx.)
- Nubia Red Magic 3 8GB+128GB – 3499 RMB (INR 36,321 approx.)
- Nubia Red Magic 3 12GB+256GB – 4299 RMB (INR 44,625 approx.)
The Nubia Redmagic 3 is available in Black, Red, Camouflage, and Red+Blue gradient color options and will go on sale from May 3 in China. The smartphone is expected to be launched in India pretty soon.
What is your thought on this Nubia Red Magic 3 gaming smartphone? Drop a comment and let us know, follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.,