Oppo has announced a new mid-range smartphone in India today, the Oppo A9. The Oppo A9 was announced in China a couple of months ago and now the company has added one more A series smartphone in the Indian market with today’s launch. The Oppo A9 comes with a dew-drop display, AI dual rear cameras, and 3D gradient back, much more.
Coming to the specifications, the Oppo A9 comes with a 6.5-inch Full HD+(2340 X 1080p) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and 90.7% Screen-to-Body ratio. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70 MT6771V SoC clocked at 2.1GHz, Arm Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. It comes only in one storage option – 4GB RAM + 128GB LPDDR4X internal storage with microSD card support up to 256GB. It runs on ColorOS 6 based on Android 9 Pie and is packed with a big 4020mAH battery with a micro USB port.
On the camera front, the Oppo A9 features 16MP(f/1.8, 1.12um sensor size)+2MP(f/2.4, 1.75um sensor size) dual rear cameras with an LED flash and a 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. The camera features include Night Mode 2.0, Beautification, Filter, HDR, Panorama, Ultra Night Mode. Other features of the device include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, and USB OTG support.
Oppo A9 Specifications
- 6.5-inch Full HD+(2340 X 1080p) display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.1GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P70 MT6771V SoC, Arm Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB LPDDR4X internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- ColorOS 6, based on Android 9 Pie
- 4020mAH battery
- 16MP(f/1.8, 1.12um sensor size)+2MP(f/2.4, 1.75um sensor size) AI dual rear cameras with an LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Rear display fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, OTG, and GPS
- Thickness: 8.3mm and Weight: 190gms
- Colors: Marble Green, Fluorite Purple
Pricing and Availability
The OPPO A9 is priced at INR 15,490 and will be available from July 20th from both online and offline retailers.
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.