The Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 is one of the first high speed 2-in-1 USB drives and is now available in India via Flipkart. In a small form factor, it is a combination of USB 3.0 and microUSB Flash drive that allows consumers to expand the storage of their Android™ tablets and smartphones on-the-go. The DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 is the perfect gadget for tablets and smartphones that support the On-The-Go functionality.
DataTraveler microDuo uses the microUSB port on devices – often used for charging – to expand storage up to 64GB. This is especially helpful as more and more smartphones and some tablets come without a microSD card storage expansion slot. The drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device and the dual interface allows users to transfer files without plugging into a PC*. Smartphones and tablets shoot hi-res photos and HD video, and with some devices now shooting 4K video, consumers can easily move large files, photos, videos and music off the device to free up space just like a normal Flash drive.
The new DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants for an MRP of Rs. 1100, Rs. 2200 and Rs. 3000 respectively. It will be backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and the legendary Kingston reliability.
Features and Specifications:
- USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSB ports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
- 2-in-1: microUSB and USB connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
- Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
- USB 3.0 Capacity: 16GB — 70MB/s read-10MB/s write; 32GB-64GB — 70MB/s read-15MB/s write
- Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
- Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support