The most anticipated chatting app of the year Allo is finally announced and now everyone can download and start using it. Teased at the Google I/O this year along with video calling app Duo, which was announced quite a while ago.
Google Allo helps you say more and do more right within your chats including making plans, finding information, and expressing yourself more easily. Packed with innovative features including smart reply, options for sharing photos, emojis and stickers, Google Allo is the first place you will be introduced to the Google Assistant, in a preview edition.
Also Read: All features of Allo
For Indian users, Google has enabled smart replies in Hinglish. Further, rolling out at launch are over 200 stickers created by popular independent artists that are relevant to and will appeal to Indian users.
Announcing the availability of Google Allo, Amit Fulay, Group Product Manager, Google said, “Whether it’s planning a night out or just catching up, we rely on messaging to stay in touch with friends and family every day. But too often we have to hit pause on our conversation — whether it’s to check the status of a flight or look up that new restaurant. So we created Allo, a messaging app that helps you keep your conversation going, by providing assistance when you need it.”
Highlights of Allo
- Get answers. Get the latest info for the things that matter, whether it’s news, weather, traffic, sports, or upcoming flight status. Users can ask their Google Assistant to send in daily updates on the information that they care about most. Users can even translate phrases between 100+ languages right within their chat.
- Find places nearby: Users can ask their Google Assistant in Allo to find businesses and shops around them, from pharmacies to ATMs, banks, parking, gas stations, grocery stores, etc.and get directions right within their conversation.
- Make plans with friends: You can easily move from discussing dinner with friends to making plans for the night, right in your chat. Just add the Assistant to your group chat and ask for movie times, local restaurants and more. You can also research travel destinations, flights and hotels together with friends
- Respond quickly with Smart Reply
Google Allo makes it easier for users to respond quickly and keep the conversation moving, even when one’s on the go. With Smart Reply, users can respond to messages with just a tap, so one can send a quick “yup” in response to a friend asking “Are you on your way?” Smart Reply will also suggest responses for photos sent in Google Allo. If your friend sends you a photo of their pet, users might see Smart Reply suggestions like “aww cute!” And whether you’re a “haha” or “lol” kind of person, Smart Reply will improve over time and adjust to your style
- Express yourself with photos, emojis and stickers
Google Allo offers a rich canvas for users to express themselves. Make emojis and text larger or smaller in size by simply dragging the “send” button up or down. Make photos your own by scribbling on them before you send. Choose from over 25 custom sticker packs, or more than 200 stickers that have been created by independent artists and studios around the world to express yourself. Sometimes a “Badhai Ho” or “Party to banti hai” say a lot more.
Your personal Google Assistant
Google Assistant, allows users to have a conversation with Google ask it questions and it will help you get things done directly in your chats. Now users no longer need to leave a conversation with friends just to grab an address, or share a YouTube video, or pick a dinner spot. Chat with your Assistant one-on-one in Google Allo to answer questions, or type @google to bring the Assistant into your chats with friends, whenever you need it.
Chat in Incognito mode
All chats in Google Allo are encrypted And similar to Chrome, there is a mode within Google Allo called Incognito. When users chat in Incognito mode, messages have end-to-end encryption and additional privacy features like discreet notifications and message expiration.
Have you been using Allo since yesterday? let us know your thoughts on Allo in the comment section below, follow us on twitter for more updates. If you have not dowwnloaded Allo yet, hit this link and say Hello to Allo.