Uber, the world’s largest on-demand ride-sharing company, today revealed the top trends of 2016 – interesting data backed insights on how riders and drivers preferred to Uber this year.
Here are some interesting data backed insights:
Most popular travel destinations for India-based riders include
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
However, visitors from over 70 countries across the world, chose to Uber in India.
Most popular on-the-rise destinations with global travelers
- South Coast, UK
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Alexandria, Egypt
- Vilnius, Lithuania
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
Most Frequently used in India
- Riders across India use Uber the most on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Delhiites Uber most frequently on Fridays between 9 am and 10 am
- Mumbaikars Uber most frequently on Fridays between 5pm and 6pm
- Bangaloreans Uber most frequently on Saturdays between 6pm and 7pm.
Other interesting facts
- Most trips an India-based driver took was 4338 trips in Bangalore this year alone. This was followed by 3775 trips by a driver in New Delhi and 3624 trips by a driver in Mumbai.
- The most trips taken by a single rider globally was 3135 trips, taken by a rider in Bangalore!!, India. That’s about 8 trips per day!
- Uber celebrated their third anniversary in the country.
Uber’s milestones in 2016
- Launched Uber in two new cities in India – Lucknow and Ludhiana
- Expanded uberPOOL to four new cities in India – Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Chennai
- Reported a cumulative saving of over 32 million kilometres travelled, over 1.5 million litres of fuel and over 3.5 million kgs CO2 emissions, since uberPOOL was launched in December 2015
- Launched India first product innovations like uberDOST, Dial an Uber, uberFLEET, amongst others
- On an average reduced ETAs to less than 5 minutes, with over 90% of the trips reporting an ETA of less than 10 minutes
- Announced UberSHAAN skill development initiative aims to empower one million micro-entrepreneurs by 2018
- Set up Asia’s first engineering centre in Bangalore, India
- Added 500+ employees, making the Uber India stronger like never before
- Became the largest market outside of the United States, for Uber that accounts for 12 percent of all Uber trips globally
“When it comes to getting around your city – Uber clearly emerged as the obvious choice for riders world over – whether it was to get to that special event, across town for family dinner, or around a new city on the other side of the world. We would like to thank our riders and drivers for the journeys. We found some very interesting trends in 2016, including, that of a rider in Bangalore, India, who took almost 3135 trips, making it the highest number of rides taken by a single rider, globally. Uber On!,” said Amit Jain, President, Uber India and South Asia.
How many rides did you take this year? drop a comment below and let us know. Follow us on twitter for more updates.