Starting today, several new Xbox One features that are part of the Xbox Creators Update begin rolling out to select Xbox Insider Program members. These are the first of many features that will enhance the gaming experience and provide more accessibility options on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices. We’ll have a handful of these updates over the coming weeks, and we’ll bring these to more Insiders over time, too.
Here are some of the features rolling out to Xbox Insider today:
- Updated look for Home – An updated look for Home makes things faster and helps gamers get to their content quicker. This includes a smaller icon for the game you’re currently playing as well as options to open the Game Hub, interact with your Club or LFG for that game, view Achievements and more.
- Faster, more intuitive Guide – An updated Guide adds new features and functionality such as a new start page designed to display the content you care most about and gives you quick access to media controls when playing Background Music.
- Improvements to multitasking – We’re making improvements to multitasking features such as discoverability and also enabling quick access to features such as screenshots and GameDVR with the push of a button.
- Cortana gaming enhancements – Set reminders and alarms, so you don’t miss gaming sessions as well as other Cortana performance enhancements to improve your gaming experience.
- Controller Copilot and more – Copilot allows two controllers to act as if they were one on a single user profile. This can help new gamers who need assistance and make it easier for players who need unique configurations to game. As part of our commitment to enhancing gaming for everyone, we’re opening up even more new accessibility options to ensure great experiences for all gamers when playing on Xbox.
The Xbox Creators Update is the first series of updates, and there’s more to come. Beam, Windows Game Mode, Arena, updates to Cortana and plenty more are on the way.