Uber has introduced the Uber Lost & Found India Index, a list of the most frequently, and most surprisingly ‘lost and found’ items by Uber riders in India. The index also includes highlights like the cities most prone to forgetfulness, which days of the week Uber riders tend to be most forgetful, etc. Surprisingly, there have been instances of riders have also left behind bullet-proof vests, potted plants, to pool sticks and kites, and even puppies. Below is the snapshot of insights from Uber Lost & Found India Index:
Most forgetful Indian Cities
- New Delhi
Most common days to report items as lost (in India):
Most forgetful day in 2016 (days maximum items were reported as lost in India):
- December 31
- December 11
- December 27
- November 27
- December 12
Most forgetful week in 2016 (week maximum items were reported as lost in India):
- Week of December 26
- Week of December 19
- Week of November 21
- Week of December 12
- 10.Week of December 5
Most forgetful month in 2016 (month maximum items were reported as lost in India: December
Most Unique Items Forgotten in Ubers in India:
- Cheque worth 15 Lakhs
- Expensive watch
- Expensive footwear
- Liquor bottles
- Wooden Planks
- Grocery bags
- 10.Cricket Bats
Most Common Items Forgotten in Ubers in India:
- Purse/ Bags
- License / ID
If you have left any of your belongings in the Uber, here is steps to how to get them back:
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact my driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead.
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If you are unable to connect with the driver, use ‘in-app support’ to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you
“Everyone has experienced that moment of panic when you realize you forgot a personal item on a plane, bus, train, and in many cases, your Uber. To acknowledge Uber’s most forgetful riders, and to prepare for Mercury falling into Retrograde in just over a week, we’ve created The Uber Lost & Found Index. Through this data and rider insight backed index, we want to bring the riders attention to the options available to them in case they lose something in an Uber, in a fun and playful manner. And I think it is specifically important for our riders in Bengaluru, given that Bengaluru has emerged as the most forgetful city in India,” – said, Christian Freese, General Manager, Bengaluru, Uber India
Have you ever lost any items and then got it back from Uber? share your stories with us in the comment section below. For more news and updates follow us on twitter.