Nokia has finally launched its flagship smartphone, Nokia 8 in India. The Nokia 8 comes with the Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 835 Processor, 5.3-inch QHD display, 4GB RAM and 3090mAh battery. The smartphone is priced at INR 36,999 and is available on Amazon.in and offline retail stores. This is Nokia’s fourth smartphone that has arrived in India, previously HMD global had announced Nokia 3,5 and 6.
The Nokia 8 comes with a 5.3-inch display with Quad HD resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection up front. Under the hood, it is powered by the latest Snapdragon 835 processor which is clocked at 2.45Ghz and is coupled with Adreno 540 GPU. It is equipped with 4GB of RAM and comes in only one variant of 64GB with microSD card support up to 256GB. The device runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with no bloatware and Nokia has also promised that it will be one of the first smartphones to get the latest Android O update. Also, Nokia will provide the monthly Android security patches on time.
In the camera department, there is a dual 13MP setup at the rear, one being the RGB sensor and the other one is a Monochrome sensor. The primary sensor is equipped with OIS and as reported earlier these are the Zeiss optics. The rear camera comes with 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF and dual tone LED flash. The front camera houses a 13MP with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, screen flash and 78.4-degree lens. The device comes with a dual-sight technology, which Nokia calls as Bothie. It allows Nokia 8 to capture and do Live broadcast on Facebook and YouTube from both the front and rear camera simultaneously.
The smartphone is backed by a 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support and comes with USB Type-C port. The fingerprint scanner is placed on the front, which also doubles up as the home button. Other features of the device are OZO Audio, Nokia 8 combines three microphones to capture audio with immersive 360° spatial surround sound. Nokia 8 is the first smartphone to feature Nokia OZO Audio. OZO spatial 360° audio brings a fully immersive audio experience to videos.
Nokia 8 Specs
- 5.3-inch Quad HD display, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.45Ghz Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 256GB
- Dual 13MP camera(RGB+Mono),1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, OIS PDAF, 4K video recording and dual tone LED flash
- 13 MP front camera with PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, screen flash, Bothie and 78.4-degree lens.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Android 8.0 Oreo
- 3090mAh battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Front fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0
- 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm and Weight: 160g
At the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President – India, HMD Global, said: ”Millennials, today, are always exploring new ways to create and share content. It’s these creative content creators who inspired us to craft a smartphone with them in mind. That’s why we’ve worked to bring three world firsts – the debut collaboration with ZEISS, OZO spatial 360° Audio, and real-time live streaming using Dual-Sight mode.”
The Nokia 8 will be available across key mobile retail outlets across the country including Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha Mobiles, Poorvika, BigC (among others) and our online partner Amazon.in. Jio customers will get up to 100GB additional 4G data on Nokia 8. An additional 10GB Jio 4G data with every recharge of Rs. 309 or above, limited to 10 recharges till August 31, 2018.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.