Last week OnePlus announced Android 8.0 Oreo update for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users via OpenBeta channel. Though the update is not a stable yet, if you are willing to give the latest Android Oreo a shot and own a OnePlus 3 or a 3T, you can install it right away. If you are running on OxygenOS 4.5.0(Nougat) and want to upgrade to Oreo via the OpenBeta you won’t lose any data. But, to be on the safer side just take a backup of all the data in your OnePlus 3 or 3T.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 2: Place the downloaded file in the internal storage of the Smartphone
Step 3: Enable Advanced Reboot Option in Settings-> Developer Options-> Advanced reboot
Step 4: Now, hold the power button and then select reboot, then select reboot, Recovery and then reboot your phone into recovery mode.
Step 5: In the recovery menu, navigate using the volume keys and then select Install from internal storage option Step 6: Select the file that you have placed in the internal storage and select install. Wait for few minutes and your OnePlus 3/3T will boot up with Android Oreo.
After this process is complete, OnePlus will start sending out OpenBeta updates every couple of weeks and that will come as OTAs and you won’t need to do anything manually.
- This process doesn’t need your device to be rooted
- The warranty won’t void as this is an official beta update
- This is the early stage of Oreo and there will be few bugs
- Take a backup of your data before trying, though this process will not remove your data(just to be on the safer side)
- After installing the Android 8.0 Oreo it is better to Factory Reset the device once and start using for better performance.
Also, if you have already using Oreo or just update to Oreo and found any bugs, you can report it to here. For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.