Vivo has announced a new flagship smartphone in India today, the new Vivo X21 comes with a new In-Display fingerprint scanner, 6.3-inch 2280 x 1080 Full HD+19:9 Super AMOLED display with a notch. The device comes with dual rear cameras and Hi-Fi audio chipset a superior audio experience. The Vivo X21 is priced at INR 35,990.
The Vivo X21 comes with a 6.3-inch 2280 x 1080 Full HD+19:9 Super AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and a notch. The device is powered by a Snapdragon 660 processor, Adreno 512 GPU. It comes in 6GB of RAM, 128GB storage option with microSD card support up to 256GB. It packs in a pretty decent 3200mAh battery with fast charging support and is running on Vivo’s Funtouch OS 4.0 skin on top of Android 8.1 Oreo.
Coming to the camera, there is a dual rear camera setup at the rear with the primary 12MP shooter that comes with a f/1.8 aperture and the secondary 5MP shooter with f/2.4 for getting those portrait shots by blurring the background, it comes with AI scene recognition that can automatically detect 17 scenes and the 12MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture at the front for selfies comes with AI beauty recognition feature.
The USP of the device is the new fingerprint scanner technology, Vivo X21 switches the rear fingerprint sensor with the latest In-Display Fingerprint scanning technology, as soon as the user touches the screen, the OLED display gets activated to illuminate the finger. The optical fingerprint sensor under the OLED display recognizes and captures the reflected light from the unique fingerprint pattern which is processed by the sensor for authentication.
Vivo X21 Specs
- 6.28-inch 2280 x 1080 LCD Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 processor, Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, up to 256GB with microSD support
- 12MP+5MP dual rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, f/1.8 aperture shot refocus, AI HDR
- 12MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3200mAh battery
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Thickness: 7.37mm and Weight: 156g
- Hybrid SIM Slot, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
Commenting on the launch, Kent Cheng, CEO, Vivo Indiasaid, “Vivo has consistently pursued innovation to solve consumer pain points. With evolving consumer preferences, innovation has become a cornerstone for success in the smartphone market. Pushing the innovation threshold, Vivo has successfully pioneered the secure and intuitive In-Display Fingerprint Scanning technology. We are proud to bring this industry-first feature to the Indian market with the Vivo X21.”
The Vivo X21is priced at INR 35,990 and is available in Black color and is exclusively available on Flipkart. Some of the launch offers include:
- upto INR 18,000 off on exchange, extra INR 3000 off over regular exchange value
- 5% off on Axis Bank Debit EMIs for select users
- 5% Instant Discount on Visa Cards for First 3 Online Payments
- Extra 5% Cashback on SBI Credit Cards
- Extra 5% off with Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card
For more news and updates follow us on Twitter.