HMD Global today announced the Nokia 8.1 in India today. The smartphone was announced officially in the European market a few days back. This Android One smartphone will be the successor to the Nokia 7 Plus.
The Nokia 8.1 comes with a 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Puredisplay with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and a notch. It is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 Processor clocked at 2.2GHz, Adreno 616 GPU. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage with MicroSD card support up to 400GB. The device is backed by a 3500mAh battery with fast charging support via USB Type-C port, with just 30 minutes of charge(18W) it will juice up to 50%. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie. The Nokia 8.1 features a 12MP(f/1.8 aperture)+13MP(f/2.2 aperture) dual rear camera setup with dual LED flash, ZEISS optics, OIS, EIS and a 20MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture. The camera feature includes portrait shots, Pro Camera UI, Bothie mode with AI-powered 3D personas, masks and fun filters in your photos and videos. The fingerprint scanner is located at the rear of the device and other features include Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, Nokia OZO audio, and NFC.
Nokia 8.1 Specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Puredisplay(HDR10 display)
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory, with microSD card, support up to 400GB with microSD
- 12MP(f/1.8 aperture)+13MP(f/2.2 aperture) dual rear camera setup with dual LED flash, ZEISS optics, OIS, EIS
- 20MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 3500mAh built-in battery, fast charging
- Rear Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, Nokia OZO audio, NFC
The Nokia 8.1 is available in two color combinations, Blue/Silver and Iron/Steel starting from 21st December and will retail for INR 26,999. The Nokia 8.1 will be available on Amazon, Nokia.com/phones, and offline stores across the country.