Black Shark, a Xiaomi backed gaming smartphone maker has announced its second gaming smartphone in China, Black Shark 2. The all-new Black Shark 2 comes with the latest Snapdragon 855, Liquid cooling 3.0, X-Style antenna, and 48MP rear camera. The Black Shark 2 is expected to be launched in India in the coming weeks. The gaming smartphone comes with the new ‘Liquid cooling 3.0’ technology that uses a liquid-cooled plate and liquid-cooled tube which can effectively cover all the heat-generating components to reduce the processor’s core temperature by up to 14°C, 20x heat dissipation efficiency. Also, the smartphone now features X-Style antenna design for better reception and also there is an RGB logo at the rear along with press sensitive controls for display. The device also comes with AI Engine with features like CPU/GPU intelligent scheduling, Intelligent recognition of game scenes, Intelligent background app management, Shark moment, Intelligent performance management, AI lighting effect, AI shock, and more.
The Black Shark 2 flaunts a 6.39-inch(1080×2340p) AMOLED 19.5:9 display, it is powered by the latest Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor clocked at 2.84GHz, Adreno 640 GPU. It comes in four variants – 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB. 8GB+256GB, and 12GB+256GB. The device is packed with a massive 4000mAH battery and is backed with a 27W Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ via USB Type-C port. Also, the device is running on Android 9.0 Pie.
Coming to the camera department, the Black Shark 2 sports a 48MP+12MP dual rear camera with LED flash, the primary 48MP with 1/2″ Samsung GM1 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.75 aperture, 6-piece lens. The secondary 12MP with 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto lens, 1.0μm, f/2.2 aperture, 6-piece lens. The camera supports PDAF, dim enhancement, HDR, Portrait mode, Panorama mode, AI mode. Over at the front, there is a 20MP 0.9μm camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5-piece lens which supports smart beauty, Portrait Mode. The rear camera supports video recording up to 4K Video 30fps and Slow-mo up to 120fps. Other features include In-display fingerprint scanner, Dual Nano-SIM, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2 X 2 mimo, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX, and aptX HD.Black Shark 2 Specifications
- 6.39-inch(2340×2160p) 19.5:9 Full HD+ display
- 2.84GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- 48MP(f/1.75)+12MP(f/2.2) dual rear cameras with LED flash- the 48MP being a 1/2″ Samsung GM1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, and the 12MP,1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Dual-stereo speakers
- Independent image processing chip
- Super theater mode
- Liquid cooling 3.0
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4000 mAH Battery, 27W Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ USB Type-C port
- Dual Nano-SIM, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2 X 2 mimo, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX, aptX HD
- Thickness: 8.77mm and Weight: 205g
- Colors: Shadow black, Frozen silver
- Black Shark 2 – 6GB+128GB is priced at 3199 yuan (INR 32,847)
- Black Shark 2 – 8GB+128GB is priced at 3499 yuan (INR 35,945)
- Black Shark 2 – 8GB+256GB is priced at 3799 yuan (INR 39,026)
- Black Shark 2 – 12GB+256GB is priced at 4199 yuan (INR 43,136)
It is currently available in China.
Follow us on Twitter for more news and updates.