Sony has announced a new Xperia smartphone in Japan today, the Xperia 8. This year, Sony has already introduced Xperia 10, 10 plus, Xperia 1 at MWC and Xperia 5 at IFA with a 21:9 aspect ratio display. The newly launched Xperia 8 also comes with the same 21:9 aspect ratio display, dual rear cameras, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and much more.
The Xperia 8 is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 630 Processor clocked at 1.8GHz coupled with Adreno 508GPU. It comes loaded with 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage with MicroSD card support up to 512GB. Over to the front, the Xperia 8 flaunts a 21:9 aspect ratio Triluminus display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on a 6-inch panel and Full HD+ resolution. The Sony Xperia 8 is running on Android 9 Pie and is backed with a 2760mAH battery with fast charging support via USB Type-C.
On to the optics, the Xperia 8 houses a dual rear camera set-up with a primary 12MP sensor (f/1.8, EIS) and a secondary 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4, 2x optical zoom with LED flash. Over at the front, there is an 8MP front camera with an f/2.0 aperture. The fingerprint scanner is located on the right side of the device. Other features of the device include a 3.5mm audio jack, Waterproof (IPX5 / 8) and Dustproof (IP6X), Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC.
Sony Xperia 8 Specifications
- 6-inch Full-HD+(2560x 1080p) Triluminus display, 21:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 6
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 Processor, Adreno 508GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory, MicroSD card support up to 512GB
- 12MP(f/1.8, EIS)+8MP(f/2.4, 2x optical zoom) dual rear cameras with LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9 Pie
- 2760mAH battery, USB Type-C
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Notification LED
- Waterproof (IPX5 / 8) and Dustproof (IP6X)
- Thickness: 8.1mm and Weight: 170g
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- Colors: Black, White, Orange, Blue
Pricing in Japan
The Sony Xperia 8 is priced at 54,000 Yen (INR 35,884 approx.)